spaying gone bad?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

spaying gone bad??

I had my purebred Himmie spayed on Tuesday, after some serious thought about going through with the spaying and forgetting about breeding her. Now, less than 48hours later, I was doing some shopping and got a call from hubby saying her staples have come out and stuff is hanging from her stomach. I freaked out, told him to rush her back to the vet. They are re-stapling her and giving antibiotics and putting an e-collar. However, I have not seen this cat pulling at those staples and she sleeps with me so I am sure she did not pull them out herself like the vet said. Its possible that they just did a bad job putting them in?
Im venting but its frustrating. Luckily, my cat is going to be ok. This just happened and they told me to come get her in 30 mins so I better go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Its possible that they just did a bad job putting them in?
Yes, but this time they'd better get it right.

Sad for you kitty to have to go through all that, and to worry you like this is very freightning, hope you all have a speedy recovery,

and you'll just have to stay well informed so you can challenge the Vet if you suspect anything is amiss next time.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 04:32 PM

I can just imagine how you feel. Very frustrating. Hope she is ok this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 05:05 PM

I had a similar situation with my male and his neuter surgery. Of course it was a smaller incision and nothing was hanging out. I got him home and his stiches where coming undone-he wasn't biting at them either. He smelled horribly of antiseptic too. The female cat was starting to get aggressive toward him (within 5 minutes) due to his overwhelming smell. I took him back and they re-stitched him and kept him overnight. Also as I was driving him back some moron slammed on his brakes in front of me because he missed a turn (you can't just reverse it when you blow the turn!) My poor baby slid forward in his carrier, but luckily he was okay since its a hard sided carrier and I had it wedged between the seat and dash so it wouldn't move much. He only moved on his donut bed about an inch but when a cat's belly is exposed that can be scary.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Kiki seems ok, now. She is on pain meds and anitibiotics. I was very irritated with the vet for charging me for the re-exam, plus the meds, plus the collar. I complained and they waivered the vet fee. IMO they should have sent my baby home with the e collar to begin with, then we could have possibly avoided this. Anyways, alls well that ends well. new staples look good, and smaller. Kiki is asleep on the chase lounge. How appropriate! This has been an ordeal for her.
Thanks for the replies! You guys know how I feel and that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page