New cat joining the family - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

New cat joining the family

Hello, Sorry for another post tonight.....So many questions ;o)
A friend of mine has a Blue Point Siamese Bobtailed Male that will be joining my family soon. He is neutered, healthy and up to date on shots.

My questions.
How can I be sure that DohG and Satori (New cats name) can become friends?

How do I make sure that DohG doesnt feel like his mommy has picked a new baby? He has been the only cat pretty much besides his sisters almost all his life.

Satori lives with 4 other cats now, however he is much younger and wont leave them be. He wants to play always.....Will be great for DohG in time, as he is the same.
Satori however doesnt live with any dogs, what is the best way to introduce him to my dogs?

Satori lives in another state right now, He will be shipped here by airplane. What should I expect on the day he comes home in terms of effects of the flight. Anything I can do to be sure its easier on him?

I think that is all my questions for now, Thank you for all your advice!

Michelle, DohG and soon to be Satori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool Cat

Probally give him his own room for a while and do the slow introdution, there are many tips on that if you search on this site.

Suppose cat's are immune to jet-lag, but air sickness may effect him, so maybe prepare to clean him up a little if the worst happens.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Cat Daddy for the reply.
I have actually searched the whole forum as well as went back and read all the past post's. This forum is such a wealth of information!

DohG and Satori have actually met each other before twice. In October of last year I went and Visited the friend of mine that shares her home with him now, The first part of introductions went ok, then Satori decided that DohG was a wicked Animal and shouldnt be around. DohG was/Is a Kennel baby, so he ran to his mommy or his Kennel when he was upset. However by the time we left the two boys were in the same room peacefully.

More then anything my concerns are DohG feeling that Satori has taken his place, From the first time I layed my eyes on DohG he has spent every day with me. When I go on trips, he comes along. He sleeps the bed, he follows me around. He is my son, I know people here understand! Its kinda a joke with my Mom but when I talk to her we talk about him as her furry grandson. I want to Make sure that the transition of having a full time brother is not to horrid for him.

As well as Satori feeling that his life fell apart. He has been in his current home all of his life but a few short weeks. I have known him, in terms of visits a few times a year sense he was a tiny kitten. I want to make the transition as easy on him as I can also.

Also never having flown a cat on a plane, I have shipped Pet rats, but never cats...That worried me.

Anyway just a bit more info...Thanks again for the reply!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page