Trader Joe's Pine litter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Trader Joe's Pine litter

Can anyone comment on Trader Joe's pine pellet cat litter and how it compares to other "name" brands?

Maybe an even better question is has anyone found a brand available in larger quantities (like 50 lb bags)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Tom Cat

I tried a bag of Trader Joe's pine litter, and my cat wouldn't go near the stuff. I think the smell and texture were much too different from ordinary litter.

Now, if you want to talk about Trader Joe's other products, I LOVE that store. I go there at least a few times a week. The food's great, and you can't beat the prices. You ever try Charles Shaw wine, a.k.a. Two-Buck-Chuck?

Lori F. is owned by:
Sadie, the four-legged dog
Martin, the three-legged cat
Paul, the two-legged husband
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Other brands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoBabe
I tried a bag of Trader Joe's pine litter, and my cat wouldn't go near the stuff. I think the smell and texture were much too different from ordinary litter.
I hope to hear from folks who already use pine litter and have tried TD stuff. There are threads here about other brands that people seem to love. I have been using Petco clumping clay bought in the bulk pales. I was planning to try Nature's Miracle Odor Control Clumping Cat Litter but it's expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoBabe
Now, if you want to talk about Trader Joe's other products, I LOVE that store. I go there at least a few times a week. The food's great, and you can't beat the prices. You ever try Charles Shaw wine, a.k.a. Two-Buck-Chuck?
No, I can't that I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
No, I can't that I have.
Oh! You really have to try it. I read somewhere that Trader Joe's took on the challenge of producing a really good bottle of wine -- for the amazing price of $2 per bottle! The label name is Charles Shaw, hence "Two-Buck-Chuck." The wine is very good, and there's an entire assortment (merlot, chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon, etc.). I often see people stocking up on cases.

For anyone who lives on the east coast, the wine costs $3 per bottle. We have to pay for its shipping costs across the country.

Lori F. is owned by:
Sadie, the four-legged dog
Martin, the three-legged cat
Paul, the two-legged husband
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Too bad we don't have one around here
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:55 AM

TJ's litter

On a whim, I picked up two bags of TJ's pine litter and a few cans of wet food last time I was there. My princess (who usually won't put a paw in anything that isn't crystal) seems to like it. She's been happily going about her business for nearly a month now, and I've steadily reduced the amount of crystal in the mix so that now its mostly pine.

I started with a good two inches of crystal on top of an inch or so of pellets. Now, I just cover the pellets with a bit of crystal. I end up using less litter at a time, so it spills and tracks less. I add a small amount of additive to the mix and it doesn't start to smell, even after a week has passed. In short, big success!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page