Felidae test! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Felidae test!

Well -- I broke down and bought a smaller bag of Felidae today from Pet Supplies Plus and am going to see if the girls like it better than their current food. Right now I'm feeding them Eukanuba Indoor Cat formula and they love it.

We'll see how it goes

*crosses fingers*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 PM

Good luck.
Is that dry food, I don't know the brand. Probably not available here...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Tom Cat

Glad to hear that your trying a holistic food. Hope your little ones like it. If not there are other bands of holistic food that they might like. Eukanuba is not made with good ingredients. The best thing is to stay away from any by-products. Check out this web site and find out what the ingredients really mean: http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=ingr-wiz . Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

The Eukanuba had the best listed ingredients of anything PetSmart carries (I believe) three chicken products are the first three listed.

But now that I've found other stuff at Pet Supplies Plus (they have Newman, Wellness and a few others I saw) I'm going to try some of them. Mainly because I wanted to be able to get larger bags (20+ pounds)

Quote:
Ingredients
Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Chicken Liver, Corn Grits, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Fish Meal (source of fish oil), Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Powdered Cellulose, Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Salt, Choline Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), L-Carnitine, Rosemary Extract
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:04 PM

My cats were not fond of felidae. It seems to me that the better foods are often a lot different in taste and some cats prefer one over another. I would suggest getting smaller bags until you know what your cats like.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I know -- I bought the smallest bag they had (6# I think)

My girls haven't been real picky about what they eat and it will only take a day or so to see if they eat it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:22 PM

For dry I feed a mixture of Felidae, Natural Balance, and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. And my large crew all love it. Now for wet they all hate Felidae and Chicken Soup, so for wet they get Natural Balance (several different flavors), Merrick (different flavors), Eagle Pack (different flavors), Precise (different flavors), and somestimes Wellness (different flavors). Yes, the kitties like variety!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 06:56 PM

Mine all love Felidae dry. We feed that the most for the dry food. They like Chicken Soup too but I think it smells, although I don't let that stop me. They don't like the Felidae canned though. Their favs or Eagle Pack, Merrick, Wellness and Nutro for the canned although we generally feed Eagle Pack and Nutro canned. I like Eagle Pack too in that it comes in the larger cans so it is "fairly" economical." Hope your kitties like the Felidae as it is a good food for a reasonable price.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Tom Cat

Just for your information:

Chicken byproduct meal consists of the dry, ground, rendered, clean parts of the carcass of slaughtered chicken, such as necks, feet, undeveloped eggs, and intestines -- exclusive of feathers except in such amounts as might occur unavoidably in good processing practices.

Chicken byproduct meal is an inconsistent ingredient because of the multiple organs used, their constantly changing proportions, and their questionable nutritional value. Chicken byproduct meal is much less expensive and less digestible than chicken meal.

This is what I mean by not good ingredients. Holistic is the best way to go.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Cat

My cats are currently on Felidae dry and they love it. Buffy and Willow were originally on California Natural but then we found Molly and she had some bowel issues on CA Natural (figures). So I tried Felidae and the diarrhea stopped.

They all hated Felidae canned, though, for some reason. Apparantly a lot of cats aren't fond of canned Felidae.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page