need help fast - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

need help fast

y pregnant cat marshmallow had a white worm riggling on her butt. shes hopefully going to the vet tomorrow but anyone know what kind of worm it might be? we havent noticed it even in her poop until today. will they deworm her even if she is pregnant?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

Please don't panic. Take a deep breath. Yes, it's a worm.....sounds like a tapeworm. But it's a minor thing if promptly and properly treated. I don't know about deworming when pregnant, but if not, it can wait until after without any serious health effects. And you'll be happy to know that tapeworms aren't transmissible to humans. You won't find tapeworms in her poop....they don't come out that way.

And after deworming, also make sure you have flea prevention, because that's how tapeworms are spread....through fleas.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

thank you. i read a little on cat worms a little bit ago and it does sound like it from what was describe. i was i admit a little panicky though, but when i read it i calmed down a bit lol we dont really have fleas over there though where shes staying (at least none of the other animals have fleas(but i guess all it takes is one) but ive heard it could be from rats or rabbits too? and she was an abandoned kitty and has gotten out a few times so i really dont know if she killed anything ever either or like whats most common, the fleas from the other places shes been. even so if they can give her flea treatment while pregnant im all for it. oh well i guess ill find out tomorrow. thank you again for your response i REALLY appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Banned

Yes, if she caught and ate prey she could have picked up the worms that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page