Eating wool threads? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Eating wool threads?

Of all the toys my cat has, the wool threads seem to be her favorite. I usually hide the strings once playtime is over, but sometimes I leave her play with it alone.

I noticed that one thread which was attached to a toy got cut in half. I can't find that missing part. Did she eat it? Is it dangerous?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Cool Cat

Very Dangerous, can twist up the intestines if swallowed.

I have a cat who is nuts for dental floss, has to be thrown out in a covered container.

Hope you can find it without incident.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Banned

Don't let her play with it unsupervised. I have a cat that loves to chew on yarn and if I don't watch closely, she'll swallow it.

If your cat did swallow the string, most likely it will pass without a problem. BUT you want to be watching for the next several days and make sure that she's having normal bowel movements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 02:47 PM

Hmm

I have found (form being a yarn addict as well as a cat addict) that cat saliva tends to break down wool yarn. I had a cat that would play with the yarn I was using and chew on it a bit, and get it kind of wet, and invariably the yarn would pretty much break down where ever she chewed it in a manner that was inconsistent with the amount of playing with it she did. Your cat will probably be fine, but I'd keep and eye on her till you find the string one way or another.

~Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page