bleeding - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

bleeding

My female cat aprox 2 yrs old is bleeding from her vagina. She has not been spayed. Normally when she goes into heat she does not bleed. She has been bleeding for about 2 weeks. She does not appear to be in pain. Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone know any causes? Obviously she needs to go to the vet but I just don't have the money to take her. Does anyone know of any vets or organizations that will make payment arrangements or anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Something has to be done quickly. I would call the humane society. She obviously has a problem in her reproductive system. I wish you and kitty the best.

I hope one of these links helps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html#pa

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:49 AM

you could ask your vet if you could spread out the payments, so it isn't so much at once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:58 AM

sometiems its not that much...when i got suki she was in a right state. her eyes were all swollen and gummed and she was really poorly, she had 2 weeks of antibiotics and eye drops and a coat thingy to make her fur grow and get shiney.... it came to 40quid i was really shocked i thought it was gonna cost loads more than that... what about that pet charity on tv? umm the one with the boyzone song... the advert that makes you cry..is it the blue cross?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paw Prints
you could ask your vet if you could spread out the payments, so it isn't so much at once.
Absolutely. No vet wants to turn away an animal in need. I can't imagine they won't work with you.

This kitty needs medical attention. Please don't wait.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Sorry about the link. We need a link for the UK. Can anyone help with a link for low cost spay/neuter clinics?

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Called that one place that’s in our city & then more or less shrugged me off saying that no place like that exists so once again I’m not sure what to do its getting worse, I don’t want to have her put down.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:34 PM

There's no vet that will help her?! What kind of people could turn away a cat that is in dire need of care? She could have an infection (do cats get pyometra?) but whatever the cause of the bleeding, someone should help her. I wish there was something I could do, but you are in a whole 'nother country.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:52 PM

how old are you? do you have a credit card? The kitty needs to be taken to a vet immediately. pyometra does occur in cats and if this is what she has it needs treatment ASAP. Is there anyone that can loan you the money? Have you called all the vets in your area?

Have you been trying to breed her? Is that why she isn't spayed?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 PM

Ah, forget what I said about pyometra, I was thinking in that situation the cat would have vaginal bleeding, but that page says not. Still, prolonged bleeding from there is serious and need immediate medical attention. I hate thinking of anyone who cares a whit about animals turning someone with such a bad problem away because of financial reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page