Urethral Obstruction Update!!!! post #4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Urethral Obstruction Update!!!! post #4

My daughters cat, Sasha is recovering from a blockage. He was at the vets office for two days and a night. He is currently taking antibiotocs and drinking water. However, he is not eating. He is able to go to the litterbox and urinating much better today. I have three types of cat food sitting out and he won't touch them. I have canned and two types of dry. He has NEVER eaten canned, but not from my lack of providing it. He has been a Purina kitty all his life. His diet consisted of Purina Indoor cat Formula, that is all he would eat. Now since the blockage, I am giving him a hard food for Urinary health, canned and his old food. Why isn't he eating? It looks like we will be back to the vet tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Cool Cat

How old is he?

Could you try a cat milk product to get him started?

My cats like the gravey in canned food, and don't finish the meat, but I do add some water and mix it up good so they at least get some of the meat into them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Sasha will be 5 in september. Cat Daddy, I will try the gravey and see how it goes. I did think of the cat milk, I am going to town tomorrow and see if I can get some. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Update on Sasha

Oh, it has been an interesting time but I have GREAT news!!! Last Wednesday we had to rush Sasha back to the vet. When I came home from work a week ago Monday and could not find Sasha anywhere. We tore the house apart, he was hiding. I feared the worst. My husband found him last Tuesday afternoon and I called the vet. He had not eaten much since he came home from the vet. He was weak and I thought on deaths door. We went thru two boxes of tissues. I did not think he would live through the night! I thought his kidneys were failing, and I was right. My husband took him to the vet Wednesday and they gave him a 50-50 chance at surviving. The hooked him up to an IV and cathater. His temp was down to 90! By Friday his labs were the talk of the vets office and they were amazed at his results. His surving was a miracle! We brought him home on Friday and he is doing well.

We are so lucky he made it, it was a little miracle!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page