Natural Value Cat food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Natural Value Cat food

Hi,
Has anyone heard of or tried this food? I went to the local Co-Op here in Boise, I don't know why I didn't think to look there but their the only store I can get any cat food better then Nutro. I was so shocked with the selection and the prices!
I found many bands to try that you all mention here, well except wellness they don't carry that yet.

Anyway one of the bands they have is called Natural Value.
Here is the Web site about it,.
http://www.naturalvalue.com/pet.htm
And here is the product list, if you go down to pet food all the kinds they make are listed
http://www.naturalvalue.com/products.htm

Thanks for your help!

Michelle, DohG and his new Brother Satori!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Cat Addict

carrageenan some reason that throws up a red flag for me. I have read somewhere on the forum about this ingredient, I can't remember, but I know when I buy food, I make sure this isn't in it. I hope someone who knows posts. I am sure they will. I give my cat nutro and it is a good food also.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Cat Addict

Found this on the web.

When a popular food additive, even though from a natural source, is proven to be a cancer-causing agent, one realizes the importance of staying away from processed foods. ... have found that the widely used food additive carrageenan causes cancer in laboratory animals, and, its use in ... Carrageenan, an extract from red seaweed, is used in a variety of ...www.mercola.com/2001/nov/3/carrageenan.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:30 PM

I have to point out that carrageenan is found in most canned cats food. It's in Natural Balance and Felidea. Both of which I feed my cats and both of which are rated among top cat food brands. However it is way down on the ingredients list, while the Natural Value has it listed much higher up.

Locust bean gum and Guar gum does the same thing as the carrageenan. This is located in the Innova and Innova Evo and California Natural foods. But these brands are harder to find.

*Sigh*
THERE IS NO PERFECT CAT FOOD!

Is the Natural Value cheaper?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replys. You are so right...there is no perfect cat food so wish there was!

Yes it is cheaper, well compaired to what the co-op had.
They were all between a dollar to dollar fifty a can, but the Natural value was .69 cents a can. I wont feed my cats something because it cheaper, but if its healthy for them and I can save a bit maybe.

Michelle
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:38 AM

To Consider

. . . I would also like to add that the Natural Value food seems to by a single source protein food with no “extra goodies.” What I mean by “goodies” are the sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, cranberries etc. . . that are often found in the more expensive foods.

To be 100% honest I am not entirely sure how important these "extras" are - ??? But they seem to be popular and the fancier foods like to charge around $1.39-$1.59 for a 5-6oz can here in Canada.

However, I would feed Natural Balance before I would feed my cat something I can buy at my local supermarket! Give it a try, I guess and let us know. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Cheers
HK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page