Going back to the vet - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Going back to the vet

Sasha is going back to the vet again. He was suppossed to go in for a check up, but last night I noticed he was in the litterbox and he was unable to pass urine!!!! We have an appointment this afternoon. I am so frustrated. He seemed to be doing so well and then BAM! He is sick again. I don't know what the visit will be like today. I trust my vet and will do whatever he suggests is best for Sasha.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 03:27 PM

I hope all turns out ok for Sasha at the Vet. Poor guy. Keep us updated.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Well Sasha is back in the vets care and they are going to unblock him again. They think he may of had some debris left from before. They said he was bright and alert and his bladder was not very full, so we caught it early. Also his weight was up one pound from last week, these were all good signs. I am going to call this morning for an update. They did mention a reconstructive surgery, that could help him. However, they have not mentioned the price. They just said it is expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:52 AM

Good that you are on top of this and caught that he was having problems early. I'll keep him in my thoughts. If the vet doesn't say the price and says it is expensive, I bet it is expensive! But maybe worth it in the long run so he doesn't keep having problems. I hope his update is good news. Take care Sasha !!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Surgery for Sasha

Sasha had surgery this morning. It is called PUI, in simple terms he is having reconstructive surgery. He will no longer pee like a male cat. They did a procedure and he will pee like a female cat. We felt it was sort of ironic, considering we thought he was a girl when we got him. So I guess now the name will fit. LOL!!!!! The vet said this should prevent blockages. Female cats have fewer blockages, but he may get a bladder infection on occassion. The procedure was $150.00, but we had already spent $400.00 on him so, why not try it. I guess I will have to wait and get my living room redone later. My savings account is nearly empty..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 05:08 PM

Maybe Sasha was meant to be a girl ! Money well worth it if he has less problems. But hard to have all these expenses at once. Isn't that always the way it goes? Hope he has a fast recovery and this cures his problems. I'm sure he'll be grateful. You're a good mommy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page