Is there any possible way to reduce shedding? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Is there any possible way to reduce shedding?

One of my cats is mostly white, and a good amount of my clothes are mostly black. With the weather changing here in MI, I was wondering if there is any way to reduce shedding....and safe water or food additives or anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Healthy skin and coat is the best way to reduce shedding. This is acheived by optimum diet and possibly Omega suppliments. I've noticed my cats shed very little, compared to most other cats, and I chalk this up to the fact that they are fed the absolute best diet I can find.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Where do I get omega supplements?

I feed a mix of Chicken Soup cat food and Nutro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

Buy new clothes.

Omega-3 fish oil is found at health food stores.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Premier Cat

Black?! You actually wear BLACK?!! Wow, I got rid of all mine years ago. Now I just wear grey stipes.
You should be able to get the Omega 3 at any good pet store, online or health food store. Along with that and a great diet (do you also feed wet? I think that made a huge difference with mine) brushing them is the only other thin I can think of. And, of course, a great lint brush!

Victoria
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 11:52 PM

The company that makes Chicken Soup food is not making "high quality" food. Some of their food line was recalled, not the Chicken Soup. However, Diamond, the company that makes the food is known for not being consistent with their ingredients or are they consistent as to where the ingredients come from. I stopped feeding a long time ago and recommend to everyone to think twice before feeding this food as it is not the best. Nutro on the other hand is great.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:02 AM

I've been using a furminator for a few weeks and it works great. I also feed my cats Nutro products which is suppose to reduce shedding.

Ken

http://furminator.com/index.cfm
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:59 PM

I feed my cats Wellness dry, Nutro wet. They do NOT shed a lot compared to other cats. I think diet has a lot to do with it. Also, my boyfriend takes our black cat into the bathroom once every 2 weeks and brushes him until no more hair is coming out! The cat loves it, and it really helps with shedding. Our other cat is Siamese,he hardly sheds at all.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
go out and get yourself a Zoom Groom - they're amazing. you'll really be surprised at the amount of hair you can get off in a single sitting

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page