Need some help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Need some help

We have a stray cat, sort of living with us. My intention was to get the kitty healthy again (had ringowrm and two different intestinal worms), then find a good home for it.

She has long black hair to her face, back and legs; but her sides and tail and long grey hair, somewhat matted.

In the past two weeks or so, she has started to lose ALOT of hair; along both sides, and small areas on either side of her neck. She is literally PEELING fur on the sides. Underneath, the skin has some orange colored streaks.

She does not seem to be in any discomfort, appetite remians good.

We have spent over 100.00 so far, just trying to get this cat healthy enough to give away. I can't afford any more vet bills, and already have two dogs to care for. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I've searched online, and nothing seems to match what's going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Premier Cat

I agree with Meowmie, this really needs to be diagnosed by a vet and usually that's not very expensive. Most vets around here will give a substantial discount for rescue (stray) animals. You should ask them and/ or check with other vets around. Also, check with local rescue organizations or your local Humane Society they will sometimes help financially with a stray rescue.
Good luck!

Victoria
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to ericalynn429
Since you Do plan on giving her away, You can always surender her to a non-kill shelter. They will give her what she needs, shell probably go to a foster till her hair grows back. And than when she is ready they can find her a home. Im sure the shelter will let you foster the kitty till its ready and finds an adopter if thats what you want. Shelters are always looking for foster parents exspecially now that its kitten season.

As for her problem, i really have no idea. Thats why i suggest you surrender her and foster her. They will check her out and treat her with no charge to you and you will be able to see her through her illness till she is better and ready to find a great home! Even if you dont foster, shelters always do a good job in treating and finding good homes for animals.

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page