Dorn's diet - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to MattH Send a message via Yahoo to MattH
Dorn's diet

Alright...

currently he is on just dry food...purina pro plan...

i am thinking of switching to something different....perhaps a dry/wet variety..

I am not sure what to switch too..something that is readily available I guess, like nutor or natural balance...we have petsmart and petco here so i have a variety...

Would that be alright for kitty to leave out a dish of dry during the day when we are out and then for dinner, say when we sit down, give him some wet, but leaving the dry out incase he gets the munchies??

Currently, all I have seen him eat is a little bite here and there at a time which is why I am concerned about wasting the wet food, because that cant sit out!

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:13 PM

If your cat is not overweight that is a good idea just to leave some dry out for him if you arent home during the day and maybe for dinner or whatever meal give some wet. I divide my cat's Wellness can into many small meals. Just give him a little bit of the can at a time until you see how much he will eat. I divide my can into 6 slices. (but she eats 6 meals a day) Give him a piece and you can put the rest back into the fridge covered. I think I read you can keep a can in the fridge for 3 days after opened. I put the slice into the micro for 5 seconds and stir it making sure there is no hotspots. Rocky gets 5 meals of wet and 1 dry. It is good to give them a little variety if they accept it. Whenever adding or changing to a new food, do it slowly so that it doesn't upset their stomach.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to MattH Send a message via Yahoo to MattH
yeah...he is a slender boy...not fat at all...

so this may work.. I would give him more meals but we are both out durning the day....

Thanks though..I will see how he does..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page