Rosie got an A, Spotty got a B - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Rosie got an A, Spotty got a B

Does your vet give report card grades on your cat's health? I took my cats to the vet for their annual exam yesterday and this is what happened.

Rosie is in terrific physical shape. She does not have a significant amount of tarter on her teeth (great genetics because my cats won't let me brush their teeth. Therefore I don't do more than feed CET chews and greenies, and professional dental cleanings when needed). She does need to lose a little weight. Her goal weight is about 10 and a half and she currently weighs 12 pounds. I received no take home information on her. She was given a grade A for her health.

Overall, Spotty is in good health. He is overweight. He will always be a big boy but he has recently gained weight. From 13 pounds to 15 pounds 13 ounces we definitely need to start taking control. On a scale of 1-6 with 1 being morbidly underweight and 5 being ideal, and 10 being morbidly obese, Spotty rates a 6, the same as Rosie, although Spotty is still more overweight than Rosie. Thank God he does not rate as obese but we really need to watch it. Spotty has the beginnings of gingivitis. Unlike Rosie, who has such terrific genetics and doesn't develop tarter rapidly, it only takes Spotty one to two years to get to the point where he needs to have his teeth cleaned. The vet said it's not an emergency but not to wait more than 6 months from now for a dental cleaning. For Spotty I was given take home information about obesity and dental disease. The information reccommends canned food over dry and surprisingly says canned kitten food is best. Unfortunately Spotty's not as much of a wet food eater as Rosie but I will increase the wet and reduce the dry. Spotty was given a B for his health.

Rosie gets an A, Spotty gets a B. I want Spotty to have an A too. We need to work on this. Does your vet use this rating scale too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 02:27 PM

My vet has recently starting sending home report cards for the pets also! The cats haven't been since they started this, but both dogs got A's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page