Allergies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to ericalynn429
Allergies

Im not sure if i should post this in here. It has more to do about Human allergies and cats..

After seeing my kittens and babysitting for a night , my friend is dying to get a pair of her own. As cats get older she becomes allergic to them however. Ive told her that their are products such as wipes and shampoo that eliminate cat dander and shedding.

She has sever allergies and astmah as well, so she would deff need something if she is concidering getting a pair of kittys for herself. She doesnt want to have to give them up or suffer.

Anyone have any recomendations for products that worked or any techniquies that eliminated their SERVERE allergies.

Thanks for the help.

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:26 AM

Well, my ex-husband was severely allergic to...just about everything, and I, like your friend, couldn't live without animals. We went with Sphynxes, but they're not everyone's cup of tea. They don't cut out allergic reactions completely, but they don't lick as much as other cats, and don't have fur to float around in get in noses. I'm allergic to cats, and I only react to mine when they're in desperate need of a bath! They do require baths at least once a week.

Allegra D works nicely. I've never used any products, though. Physicians generally are happy to give out samples, so she could try that.

I hope she finds a way!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to ericalynn429
I gave her the idea but she wants a big Fluffy kitty. It sucks shes held back by allergies. SHes allready on allergy medicine as well as astmah medicine but it doesnt help.

I told her to try fostering and to use the wipes and/or shampoo on the cat and see if her allergies lessen. I was wondering if any product has worked better for anyone

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM

Well, I can't recommend any allergy-reducing wipes or shampoos but the suggestion she foster a cat first was a GREAT idea. If she's not keen on fostering, maybe it will help to remind her that it would be best to take in a cat on a temporary basis until she knows she caan handle having one in the house. Also ask her if her allergist can help, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page