A ringworm cure??? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

A ringworm cure???

I'm really really excited about something I found today. It's called FungRx for Pets and it says it heals the ringworm in 48 hours, although in severe cases, could take a week.

I ordered a bottle today and I will keep you updated as to how good it works!

I'm getting so discouraged with this ringworm deal, so much so, that if this doesn't work, I'll have to let my kitty go. This ordeal is getting drawn out and the poor kitten is miserable. She's looking worse by the day I think, although we are doing everything by the book!

I can't stand the thought of keeping the kitten caged up and lonely for 4-6 months and I've been told that is what we're looking at!

I'm hoping FungRx for Pets does the trick!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 PM

Hopefully it works for you...my friend tried it but it only worked on one of her several cats that came down with it.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Tom Cat

Have you tried the oral medication? That seems to work better than anything else!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

"Nano oil?" I don't know....sounds kind of hoaky, but I couldn't find anything reputable against it, so keep us posted....I'm interested to find out if it works for you.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

It might sound hoaky to ya, but what the vet's giving sure isn't helping!! Ringworm naturally runs its course in a few months and I've been told that with meds from the vet, it can take that long too. So I'm up for trying something less conventional and taking the chance that we'll be done with this nightmare within a week or so.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 03:38 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Stephanie,
Don't get discouraged! Ringworm takes several weeks to clear up at best. And, if I remember correctly, it's only been about 10 days.
What, exactly, have you done so far?
I know you gave one dip but have you repeated it? They are usually given twice a week.
Has the vet prescribed an oral (systemic) med.?
Is your kitty on the very best food possible? Any vit supplements?
Are you bleaching and cleaning EVERYTHING religiously?
I think, in order to deal with ringworm you've got to wage full on war 'cause it can be pretty stubborn.
I don't know about FungRx (except that it's quite pricey )but I would check with the vet first and make sure it won't have a bad reaction with anything else you're doing.
One of the reasons kittens (and children) are so prone to ringworm is because their immune systems aren't fully formed. Therefore, making sure that she has excellent nutrition right now is really important to help her body fight it off. You may consider adding a good vitamin supplement to her food as well.
If the FungRx really does work in 48 hours that would be amazing (I must admit, I'm sceptical) so let us know! But, if it doesn't, don't be discouraged. Ringworm does take a lot of time and patience but I'm sure your kitty is worth it and one day you'll look back and say, "Remember when she was a baby and had ringworm? She was so cute!." No, really! You will!

Victoria
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

It's been 15 days since I started her on treatment.

I gave one LymDip... it is time for another, so I'll probably do that today.

No the vet has not given anything except an ointment. They know I'm looking for something to work, and haven't suggested oral meds... is 8 weeks too young?

What is a good vitamin supplement and where can I get it? That's one thing I haven't done yet. She is on good food.

I do bleach all her stuff every other day.

I'm hoping, too, that FungRx lives up to what they say, but I'm not out any money... if it doesn't work, I've got a year to get my money back.

I want to give up some days, but yet I want to see Ellie with fur again. I want to be able to let her run and play in freedom too!!

Thanks for the encouragement, Nanook, I'll keep on fighting it!

Stephanie

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 AM

My guess is that because she's so young, that's probably why you haven't gotten any oral medications. Sometimes there are side effects that the little ones can't handle.

I know ringworm is a pain...I've been through it TWICE ( ) with two different kitties, at two different times. My vet was very conservative as to how to treat them, but eventually had to give me the oral medicine, especially for my kitten. He was much older than yours is now.

If you don't have any lesions, then you're doing something right.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Premier Cat

As Emrldsky said, they may not be giving the meds 'cause of her age. But I would ask them about it. I wasn't sure you could even do the lyme dip that young! I think you're very brave to have done it yourself. When my kitten had it I brought him into the vet twice a week for the dip. The smell was just too much for me.
Anyway, about supplements. You should be able to pick them up at any good pet store. Also, if you have a Whole Foods market they carry the Halo multi vit for cats. They're usually a powder or liquid you add to the food but you can also get them in treat form. When my cat had IBD I got something called Anitra's Vita Mineral Mix. It did wonders for him but I don't think I would use it very long term.
Hope that helps!

Victoria
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:55 PM

Program oral flea preventative works great at curing ringworm. Check with your vet, but the dosage is one of the largest dog pills for a cat, every 2 weeks. I've never had to give more than one pill and it clears it up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page