I got Delia from the Humane Society back in October of 2005. She is one of the nicest loving cats I've ever had. She had a tiny bald patch on her arm which I didn't think too much about. Well I notice she began to excessively lick her fur off her stomach, arms, and inner legs and when I took her to the vet he suggested a few things:
1) allergry to her food
2) seasonal allergy that may get better after the fall/winter
He gave her a cortizone shot and it sort of helped so I took her back to get another in December which helped and another in February, that didn't help. She's been licking way to much now with an occasional itch, and she does "bite" when licking like she really does itch.
People tell me it could be because she is obsessive compulsive or that it is a nervous habit. The backgroud on that is that I have another cat who is nice to her and leaves her alone about 75% of the time but torments the heck out of her the other 25%.
But Delia doesn't act like she is scared of the other cat when he is being nice. She doesn't hide from him or act scared around him.
Sooooo, I really am thinking it is a food allergy that is causing this. I feed them both Iams. (I know how much everyone hates that food but I've fed it to all my cats forever and have never ever had problems with it until possibly
My vet suggested a raw diet but I can't do that with Oliver around because I want to keep him on Iams. My mom suggested 50 cent cans of Tuna fish for Delia which is natural which I guess I could try and see if that clears up her skin.
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a dry food that is close to being
"natural" as possible without me having to switch to a raw diet for her?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!