They only like "junk food" - what's healthy but ta - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

They only like "junk food" - what's healthy but ta

Our kitties get Innova for their meals as well as a healthy brand of dry food. They really dislike the Innova though I've tried and tried. Our oldest cat has actually lost weight because he avoids the food (eats the dry though but then begs and begs for wet but will get annoyed when it's Innova). They snarf up Nine Lives, Friskies and that junk food the few times that I have been forced to get that b/c couldn't get to the pet store (Innova is not sold at the supermarket).

I really want them to be happy and we're like our oldest to put on some weight (he's really skinny) and to feel satisfied with their food.

What other options are out there for healthy but delicious food for our kitties?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

There are other brands of quality food out there, just keep trying different brands and different flavors. I think you'll probably come up with something.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Premier Cat

My cats won't touch Innova either. As Tim said, here are several other good foods out there though. Mine are on mostly Natural Balance wet. There's also Wellness, Merrick, uhm, I've gone blank but there are others! Oh, Chicken Soup ...I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Premier Cat

I started Velvet on Science Diet when she was a kitten, at that time thinking it was the best out there. But as I read this forum and learned I switched her to Royal Canin and then ultimately to Innova. She eats it happily, but I don't think she has liked anything like she did the Science Diet. Cats like junk food just like a lot of humans do, I guess.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 AM

Have you tried Nutro? Both the Nutro Natural Choice and the Nutro Max Cat?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check for those at the store and try to find something they like.

Quote:
Have you tried Nutro? Both the Nutro Natural Choice and the Nutro Max Cat?
No, I hadn't tried this. If it's one of the healthy ones, I'll give it a shot as well. I just don't know which are healthy and which are junk food so it helps to have this list of suggestions.

Thanks!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:11 PM

I mix my cats favorite cheap can food (or wetted dry food) with shredded boiled chicken or fish or meat. This way they get the smell of desired junk, and healthy natural proteins.
I figured that they like cheap junk only because it smells attractive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page