Another vomit question... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Another vomit question...

Hey there! Well, I was wondering... my cat's been coughing, you know, the way they cough when they are about to throw up a hairball. She actually threw up just about two days ago, but she's still been doing that cough thing a couple of times, like she wants to throw up again but at some point it fades away. I am a really nervous person, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is nothing. The problem is that my cat can't see a vet because she is extremely wild (not even three vets could hold her down the last time) she is too spoiled and the only times the vet sees her are home visits and only when it is necessary.

I feed her Science Diet Hairball Control and she's always been a healthy kitty. I quit smoking for her about three weeks ago, not for a reason in particular, just because it is healthier for the two of us even if I didn't smoke a lot. She has no contact with other animals since she is 100% a house cat, she is almost 4 years old now. Anyway, since I can't take her to the vet and she really seems to be fine except for what I mentioned, I wanted to ask what could I look for to find out what could be wrong, if anything. What should I look for or you know, keep an eye out for to make sure she's alright.

I know this is pretty vague, but any type of advice would be great.

Thank you!

xoxo
Domino

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals
as they now look upon the murder of men."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

Well, there are a number of things that could cause a cough. But I suppose if she's not showing any other symptoms, you could first treat for a hairball by giving hairball remedy. Do it every day on an empty stomach between meals or until the hairball gets passed or comes up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 01:28 PM

That is what I would try first. The hairball remedy gel, you can get at any petstore. My Rocky will do that to once in awhile. The hairball just doesnt come up. The gel will help and Rocky loves it. Give it weekly to prevent them too. I've noticed alot less hairballs switching to canned food. She eats Wellness canned (use to be science diet dry ) and it has really helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page