Bengal breeders - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to BamMcg Send a message via MSN to BamMcg
Bengal breeders

Does anyone know of any good, reasonably priced, Bengal breeders? I ask because my Dad's beloved Bengal, Charmine, had to be PTS last night because of internal bleeding. They do not know what caused it, she had her shots, but the vet said she might have had Feline Lukemia before they got her, her immune was down to a one when normal is in the range of thirteen. She was very ill and since her immunity was so far depleted, she couldn't be saved. Dad made the tuff decision to have her put down at the ER last night and is completely heart broke. He was toally attached to her and her to him. I'll try and get a picture of her for you but Mom and I would like to find him a kitten for Father's Day the same color and it's proving very difficult. They live in Arizona, so the closer the better. Thanks to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Okay so this is the best picture I can come up with off hand, at least you can kind of see her coloring...

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Here are a few sites I Googled from Arizona. So sorry about Charmine.

http://www.sonoranbengals.com/

http://www.rainbowvalleybengals.com/

http://www.absoluteexotics.org/

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I called the last in your list and they just had three litters! Five of the kittens are snows, like Charmine, here's hoping one turns out to be Marbled! They are reasonably priced too and the lady was very nice. The other breeder mom got in touch with wante $2000 for a kitten! $500 snds soooo much better! TY!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

I hope it works out for you - LOVELY cat by the way.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your dad's kitty, it's so hard to lose the little buggers.

I don't know what the going rate is for a Bengal, but assuming all things are equal (e.g. one isn't a breeding kitten vs a pet quality kitten) the vast difference in prices would have me concerned. I don't know which one is out of line....but be sure to really check out the breeder. Here's a thread on finding a good breeder:

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16115

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to TxnKats Send a message via MSN to TxnKats
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug
I don't know what the going rate is for a Bengal, but assuming all things are equal (e.g. one isn't a breeding kitten vs a pet quality kitten) the vast difference in prices would have me concerned. I don't know which one is out of line....
A pet quality Bengal is generally $500 - $800 from a reputable breeder. Any lower and I'd be concerned. Now there are some breeders that chagre a lot more than that, perhaps they have a sought after "line" so decide they can charge through the roof.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

We were figuring about $500 or so, so it worked out well. She actually wanted $600 but knocked the price down because of the situatn. I thought that was very nice of her. She seems very nice and knowledgable. She's a member of the ASPCA or somthing and some sorte of Bengal club. She does the health checks and certificuts and seems to take good care of her cats. I asked a ton of questions and she answered them knowledgably. I have older(older as in old enough to make their own $, I'm the oldest lol) siblings who are going in on this with me. Mom, myself, my 20 yo sister, my 19 yo brother and my 16 yo brother are all chipping in $100 a peice so the kitty would be from the whole family. I hope it will mean something more to him comming from the lot of us.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

It's good to hear that the price is in line....

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure it will mean the world to your Dad!

What great kids your parents raised.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page