Male cat staying with Mother Cat! Please read! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Male cat staying with Mother Cat! Please read!

Okay so my Female cat just had 2 kittens and since the day she had her kittens one of my Male cats (that is actually one of her cats from a previous litter) has been laying with her in the basket with both her kittens.
She allows him to and he never leaves her side.
Has anyone heard of a male cat like this?
Anything about this topic would be welcome!
I'm very confused
Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Premier Cat

Is your male neutered? If not, your female could get pregnant again! That would not be a good thing since they are related. There have also been instances of male toms killing kittens.

In short, if your male is not neutered, you need to separate them ASAP.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
But if your male IS desexed, that sounds very cute, you should post pics!

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Actually I think I made a mistake
You know how I said i think that the male cat was laying with her I think it is actually a female cat it is also hears from the same litter as the male was in.
They both look so much alike I figured it was him because I really hadn't seen the female cat in awhile.
Anyways i'm pretty sure its her because i went to go check on my mother cat and there is now two new babies in there with their eyes still closed.
I'm still very confused.
Please write any comments
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Premier Cat

Looks like mother and daughter have littered together...they will both care for all of the kittens.

If there is a large difference in age between the litters, just be sure the little ones are getting enough nutrition and not getting pushed aside by the bigger kittens. You may need to supplemental feed if they aren't getting enough.
Usually they do okay, our farmcats regularly raised several litters together and everyone did well, we never lost any kittens.
h

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Okay this makes much more sense to me!
Last litter my mother cat had 4 kittens and ended up adopting 4 more kittens because a stray i was taking care of abandond her kittens. My mom cat is really tiny to! Not young just tiny!I'll post pictures one of these days. Right now her kittens and the other mothers kittens are outside in my shop laying behind all kinds of stuff! Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page