My pregnant cats nipples are leaking clear fluid? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My pregnant cats nipples are leaking clear fluid?

Hi guys
I have a wonderful little queen named Kylan. She's year and 3 months, and recently got pregnant. She's around 62 days, and is getting huge!

Yesterday I was petting her belly, and feeling the kittens kick away at me, when I noticed she had a wee bit of clear fluid on her nipple. I washed it away, and decided to gently give it a light squeeze, and a bit came out.

Is this a sign her kittens will be coming soon? o:

Thanks, guys!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20130731_9.JPG
Views:	16809
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	23041  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Questions about my cats Pregnancy and Breed?

Hi guys
I have a wonderful little queen named Kylan. She's year and 3 months, and recently got pregnant. She's around 62 days, and is getting huge!

Yesterday I was petting her belly, and feeling the kittens kick away at me, when I noticed she had a wee bit of clear fluid on her nipple. I washed it away, and decided to gently give it a light squeeze, and a bit came out.

Is this a sign her kittens will be coming soon? o:

Also, if you had to guess, what breed of cat could she be?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Snapshot_20130731_8.JPG
Views:	4893
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	23049  

Name:	Snapshot_20130731_7.JPG
Views:	2551
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	23057  

Name:	320370_123444457805471_2125714724_n.jpg
Views:	8452
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	23065  

Name:	578627_123444614472122_1931442896_n.jpg
Views:	1800
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	23073  

post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by laragrant View Post
Did she escape and get pregnant? Good luck with the birth
Yes, in fact she did! A few months ago, we were cleaning out out house, and I had her and my dog in my room. To open my bedroom door, all you have to do is push on it. My dog ended up putting her paws on it and opening the door. Both the cat and dog got outside. My little one was in heat and we couldn't find her for three days. It was not a fun experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

She was to be fixed that week, to be honest. But, I kinda knew she would be pregnant, since we have many toms around here. I would never go through with having her fixed while pregnant. I'd rather just search and find homes for them(:
I plan on getting an appointment set up for her once the kittens are weened!(: If possible, I'll most likely get the little ones spayed and neutered before finding homes.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I've been researching since I found out.
I already have two kitten bottles and some formula. I've had her for about a year, but as this is her first ( and last! ) litter, I am taking a few precautions. I have gloves, sterilized scissors, and new, soft towels ready. I start working in a few days, but my mother said she was up to the job. (:

She was just nesting in the back of our couch ( has a hole ) so I'm debating if I should keep her in my room with her nesting box, food, litter box, and water?
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Tom Cat

The average pregnancy is 65 days so she's not got long to go now.

My breeding girls are shut in our bedroom with 2 kittening boxes for the last week of pregnancy to ensure they are settled and comfortable and can't give birth in an inappropriate place.

Last edited by marie73; 08-02-2013 at 04:08 AM.
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Senior Cat

When Newt was pregnant, I setup a queening box as well as an alternate location where I cleaned out the corner of a closet (nice and quiet), and left it accessible for her - she didn't fancy either option and gave birth under my bed keep a few rags/towels handy.
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I'll gladly keep you guys updated o:

I currently have a box set up in my room and the living room, since she really likes being in those two places. She sleeps in the one in the living room, but doesn't really spend any time in it other wise. She's been sticking to my side since I woke up. Currently she's sleeping on the top of my computer chair :p

I really am excited about these births. I already found possible homes, and one kitten may be staying with me. (: Not entirely sure if I want a male or female though.
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hi guys.

Some bad news from Today.
On my way out of the house for work, my cat slipped out, and into the woods before I could catch her. I had no time to search for her, and I just got home. I plan on searching the moment it's light out. Any tips on how to find her/ Catch her?
I'm worried she may have had her litter out there. Her nipples have been leaking, and she's been antsy on getting out.

I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty. Should I leave a bowl of food near the woods and pray she gets something to eat? Or should I stop worrying? She's usually really good with coming back in the morning but.. :'(
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Unsure if cat had any kittens?

Hey,

So, my heavily pregnant cat just came in from outside. I found her near the side of the house. I am unsure if she had any kittens, and I'd rather not let her out again. When holding her, I noticed I can still feel a kitten, which is all I ever could feel.

Her vulva has a small amount of blood on it, and she's eating normally.

Any way I can tell if she had any of the kittens? Or is she just in the early stages of labor?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page