Deaf cats with blue and green eyes? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Deaf cats with blue and green eyes?

Soooo I was wondering how many people have a deaf white cat with a blue eye and green eye or a mixture of both.

We have three white cats all with a blue eye and Greeno but two are deaf. I know it's common in white cats but how many people here have a cat like this?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Cat Addict

I do. Munch is a deaf white cat with 2 blue eyes.

PS. I also have 2 deaf dogs lol

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Cat Addict

Here's percentages of white cats with blue or odd eyes that are deaf: White Cats, Eye Colours and Deafness

My aunt once had a white cat with blue eyes that was deaf... she'd had him for a few weeks before she even realised it. My father had to tell her, he noticed immediately. This is going back 30+ years ago so I'll cut my aunt some slack, people didn't know as much about their pets back then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDogs&Cat View Post
I do. Munch is a deaf white cat with 2 blue eyes.

PS. I also have 2 deaf dogs lol

Does your knock stuff off of tables on purpose and then star at it? Ours does they slowly push them off little by little then watch it hit the floor and go for the next thing.

Now when they do it we say they are cleaning the house they manly do it when we are not watching cause they are not suppose to be on the counters but its so hard to get them to understand sense they can't hear us yelling at them.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Yours*

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Cat Addict

Yup. Mine is a bit of a jerk! He also will NOT stay out of my food... even with numerous squirts in the face... food is worth water in the face! Lol

However, he learns tricks very quickly, and also never lets me out of his sight. So he's easy... in a PIA kind of way LOL

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Senior Cat

I have two white cats with blue eyes. On is deaf, the other isn't. The deaf one is older so she is more mellow and doesn't get into much trouble. Her hearing friends are much more likely to knock things off tables or go on counters to check things out - one of my gray tabbies is most likely the trouble maker, not the white kitties!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

That's the opposite for me my calico cat is old and doesn't get into much at all but all the white ones do

Last edited by marie73; 11-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDogs&Cat View Post
Yup. Mine is a bit of a jerk! He also will NOT stay out of my food... even with numerous squirts in the face... food is worth water in the face! Lol

However, he learns tricks very quickly, and also never lets me out of his sight. So he's easy... in a PIA kind of way LOL

One of our deaf ones act dopy he's sooo mellow you can do anything to him and he wouldn't move or so anything so when we spray him he just looks at us and he always bugs us to turn the tap on in the bathroom so he can play with the water, if we put the cats in a room while we have our other animals out we hear bottle after bottle being knocked onto the floor from the two of them. My mom is a hair dresser so she has a bunch of hair products on her make up stand and they have lots of fun knocking that stuff off one by one onto the floor.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Senior Cat

Angelo is white with yellow eyes. I thought he had hearing problem at first. Apparently he was just stubborn. I found his hearing was just fine after he slapped me in the face while I was singing. LOL.

Kitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page