Anyone knowledgable about Ragdolls? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Anyone knowledgable about Ragdolls?

I have a Ragdoll, he's two years old. He is the best cat ever! So, when my bf & I decided to get our first cat together, we decided it must be a Ragdoll bc their personalities are awesome. Long story short, we purchased, what we were told was a Ragdoll. We saw his mother, who was clearly a Ragdoll & when my kitty was very young he was fuzzy just like my other cat had been. However, as he's gotten older, he is not nearly as fluffy as a Ragdoll should be, he has rings on his tail & lacks the fun loving, lackadaisical characteristics of a Ragdoll. Don't get me wrong, I love him & would never give him up! But I am curious if anyone with better knowledge of the breed or similar breeds could tell me what he may actually be? I guess there is always the possibility that his beautiful mama had a rendezvous with another breed instead of the male Ragdoll, which we were told we were unable to see bc he was at another location. I didn't really question this too much since this is often a common practice. Anyway, any info you could share would be appreciated. Thanks! I have posted pics of my two year old Jackson & my baby kitty Neo, so you can compare the two. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1386556848.516813.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	38009Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1386556861.755266.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	38017

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

I think it's extremely possible you bought your kitten from a back yard breeder. Did you get papers? As far as behavior is concerned, you never know what you're going to get. You can have bratty ragdolls who don't like to be picked up, and siamese cats who never say a word.

Either way, your cats are beautiful.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Tom Cat

Doesn't look ragdoll-ish... Think you've been had. Well, everything is a learning experience!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

No, we didn't get papers. I wasn't all that concerned about it & still don't mind that he's not a "true" Ragdoll. He's just a sweetheart when it's convenient for him I was just kinda curious what he could possibly be mixed with. Thanks for your comment.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Senior Cat

Siamese maybe?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Cat

I don't know if this would help, but I have a ragdoll Ted and he is a jerk So personality-wise, you do not know what you are getting it seems..

(i love him dearly!! would never exchange for anyone else)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page