What breed of cat is he? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

What breed of cat is he?

If you had to guess- what breed do you think he is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	40962  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Oops I didn't know there was a breed/ breeding area. I should have posted in that category.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Jr. Cat

He's a cat...

I would call him simply a domestic shorthair tabby.

It's generally the way of dividing cats - Domestic shorthair, domestic longhair, etc...

I would not say he is any particular breed, but he has a tabby coat pattern, which a lot of cats do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Premier Cat

Domestic shorthair
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Premier Cat

AWW, he is of the very cute breed! Probably a domestic short hair. A very handsome one!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Kitten

For the love of all cats, please don't let this thread turn into the last "what breed is my kitty" post! (for all you who wern't apart of that, it was quite funny)

But I would agree, with everyone else, looks like a very cute tabby. Love your profile pic amcoffeegirl! its so nice to see another whovian out there! What is your kitty playing with?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I know he's a mix/ mutt. But sometimes you can see underlying traits from real breeds. I know mutts are called dsh. I was thinking pixie bob. Very distant. Maybe I'm pushing it. My other cat looks like a korat. I dunno I just think its nice to read on breed characterists and behavior type stuff.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers&Paws View Post
For the love of all cats, please don't let this thread turn into the last "what breed is my kitty" post! (for all you who wern't apart of that, it was quite funny)

But I would agree, with everyone else, looks like a very cute tabby. Love your profile pic amcoffeegirl! its so nice to see another whovian out there! What is your kitty playing with?
He has a straw. Stolen from my to go cup by my 12 yr old orange tabby. My orange cat "mojo" is my avatar and is addicted to straws. He has always chewed on electric wires or speaker wires. This is a safer alternative.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers&Paws View Post

Ok I read the"what breed is my kitty" thread. Now I understand he is probably 1/10 alien. That's probably why his head is so small

Lol
Thanks
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amcoffeegirl View Post
I know he's a mix/ mutt. But sometimes you can see underlying traits from real breeds. I know mutts are called dsh. I was thinking pixie bob. Very distant. Maybe I'm pushing it. My other cat looks like a korat. I dunno I just think its nice to read on breed characterists and behavior type stuff.
Breeds of cats came from mutts... not the other way around - he isn't some kind of distant purebred. So while he isn't any breed at all, he is gorgeous (just like mine). Pure breeds came from mutts - it isn't that mutts came from mixing pure breeds. So he is 100% mutt rather than purebreed anything however distant (hope this makes sense) but he's beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page