What colour is my Scottish Fold? And eye colour/shedding questions too. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

What colour is my Scottish Fold? And eye colour/shedding questions too.

My little Yuna was not purchased with papers (other than her veterinary documents) so we are trying find out how we would describe her coat colour and pattern. From what I've seen online I'd guess that she is a seal point tabby? Her fur also seems to get lighter or darker at the tips. Any thoughts appreciated

Also, her eyes seem to be two distinct colours - blue around the pupil then a sort of pale yellow/gold around the blue. This is most apparent in indoor lighting, outside they are a very pale blueish. Will this change? Is there a technical term for this? She is 8 months old.

One other question. She used to have a 3 distinct stripes running from the base of her neck to her tail, but recently these have become more of a solid darker patch of fur. She's currently shedding a lot - is this change to do with summer/winter coats or her adult coat coming in?

Photos/kittenspam! Hope no one minds lots of pictures

In some of the photos she has slight acne around her mouth - that was resolved by giving her bottled water instead of tap. Such a princess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demichan View Post

OMG this is too perfect!! "What is seen cannot be unseen - pass the eye bleach someone quick!"

She is soooo adorable! Cuteness overload
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Tom Cat

She is so adorable! What's her breed? Her coloring looks lynx point to me since my Siamese has similar coloring and she is the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Cat Addict

Her coat pattern is lynx point, her color is harder to determine ... take a picture of her paw pads? She's likely a seal lynx point.

Adorable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Cat Addict

And about her fur, all pointed cats have coats that are dependent on temperature... which is why they're born white and slowly fade to darker colors. By about one year of age your kitten should be as dark as she's going to get.

My aunt's cat started out cream colored and now her entire back is chocolate/near black colored; entirely different.

Along with the dogs
and
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 06:26 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
OMG this is too perfect!! "What is seen cannot be unseen - pass the eye bleach someone quick!"

She is soooo adorable! Cuteness overload
Heather! I was literally laughing out loud with this!! I was thinking the exact same thing when I scrolled through the pics!! I'd have the same reaction on my face to scary movies!!!

demichan, your kitten is just so freakin' CUTE!!! I'd call her cream or buff color tabby.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to stellar981
That is one cute little kitty!! Her ears make her look startled all the time, great pix!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Premier Cat

That may be one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen! She is super adorable!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to stellar981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlaya67 View Post
That may be one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen! She is super adorable!
Totally agree with this!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Banned

"CUTE!!!" That is the proper name for that color!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page