Hey all-question about my new kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile Hey all-question about my new kitty

Hey guys,

My name is Stephanie and I am a cat mom of two beautiful babies- an Ocicat and a Tabby. I was recently approached by a friend at work and she has a liter of new kittens she is trying to home. I have fallen in love with one of them but I am not sure what breed he is. I believe he is a beautiful Siamese but wanted to get other opinions. I have attached three pictures- i would LOVE everyones opinion on what breed this baby may be. The pictures are not very good quality but you can see his markings pretty well - he also has bright blue eyes.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1882.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	89633  

Name:	IMG_1869.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	89641  

Name:	IMG_1894.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	89649  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Cat

He is absolutely beautiful! I know he's pointed so I think a lot of people would call him a siamese mix but unless his parents have papers I think he's officially a domestic short (?) hair (he looks kinda fluffy, maybe medium hair?). I think the blue eyes are attached to the pointed gene (my pointed tabby has the most beautiful blue eyes as well, they are what got me). I hope you bring him home and stay on the forum and post LOTS of pictures of him and his kitty siblings
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Cool Cat

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forum. He looks like he is at least part Siamese to me. I wish you he best with him and your other babies. Can we see pictures of your Ocicat and tabby?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

The pointed gene exists in the general population and is recessive. So two cats that are not pointed can produce a pointed kitten. I'm assuming your friend's cat is not Siamese or you would have mentioned it. I highly doubt there's an unneutered male Siamese running around her neighborhood. So it's unlikely there's any purebred Siamese in this kitten.

What's most likely is that this is a domestic short hair (or medium) with a pointed coat pattern.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you all so very much for your responses. I think we may have a little bit of a better understanding about what our new to-be fur-baby may be

As for my current Tabby and Ocicat- I am more than happy to post pictures! I will warn you..they are heartbreakers

As a side note, the Ocicat (Lizzie) was rescued from our local shelter- her name was originally Dragon. I dont have papers on her and both parents are unknown. She was left outside in a box at a very young age and then we adopted her. The shelter is responsible for claiming she is an ocicat but im sure she is not purebred. I believe she could possibly be a mix with a Tabby or maybe completely Tabby with spots? I'll let you guys be the judge here I must say that she is VERY verbal- does very strange howling noises and it a bit picky about when she receives attention.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Said to be Ocicat - Lizzie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	89745  

Name:	IMG_0041.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	89753  

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	89761  

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Tabby- Howard
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0901.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	89769  

Name:	IMG_1060.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	89777  

Name:	IMG_1294.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	89785  

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Cool Cat

They are both stunning, Lizzie's spots look like my Amelia's spots.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	89793  

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Amelia is gorgeous! Absolutely love her spots!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
The pointed gene exists in the general population and is recessive. So two cats that are not pointed can produce a pointed kitten. I'm assuming your friend's cat is not Siamese or you would have mentioned it. I highly doubt there's an unneutered male Siamese running around her neighborhood. So it's unlikely there's any purebred Siamese in this kitten...
Well, if you go back enough generations, there would have been one. The colourpoint gene was unknown before being introduced from what's now Thailand. It's a form of albinoism, apparently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page