Keeping a kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Keeping a kitten

We weren't going to keep one of Poppy's kittens, but now they're here we're thinking about it...

She's only about a year old and loves to play so we thought a companion might be good for her - what are peoples experiences of this? Will they get along or will Poppy potentially find the kitten irritating?

Does it make much of a difference if we we're to keep a boy or girl?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Cat

I'm sure she would love a companion. When my Charli was not quite a year I trapped two feral kittens. Everyone is a happy camper now, and Charli loves to play and enjoys the company. Boy or girl? Your choice. I have all girls, just by chance as the kittens were an unknown until trapped and I was going to keep them regardless. I, personally, prefer girl kitties, but that's just me...although I have a feral I've been caring for over six years now, and he's a boy...I always have a fear a boy will start that funky spraying, but it's a pretty unfounded fear.

Mom to Charli, Maggie, Baby Kitty and Tessa!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page