Myri - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Myri

We've had Myri for a little over a year and couldn't love her more. I've been allergic to cats, but not Myri, so she's our little miracle.
I'm joining to get some help/advice. She has had two litters, both one kitten, both died. My family (4 kids +dh) are Devistated about it, but we can't afford to take her to a vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Premier Cat

If you can't afford to take her to a vet to be spayed, there are some organizations that can help with expenses. Here's a link to some:

Feline Outreach - Organizations that can help with veterinary bills

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Too much death

Our cat, Myri (about 18 months) has had two litters, both only with one kitten. The first kitten lived two days and died. The second, was brought to us already dead. This has been so sad for all of us!
I am wondering what's going on. Is she too young? Is there a generic thing going on? We can't afford to take her to a vet for a check up, so am looking to you guys for ideas and suggestions.
We want her to have kittens. One, to keep one of them, and two, I think it's a very good educational opportunity for my children. We will have her spayed after there is a successful litter.

Last edited by marie73; 07-21-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Geez, how many more times are you going to keep trying???

No, this is sad for Myri. What if you could have saved one of the kittens by a simple vet visit? Or, worse yet, Myri could have had complications and died.

And your reason is for your kids? Well, by now, they've probably already witnessed a couple births. If they need to see more, I'm sure they're familiar with Google and YouTube.

You're seriously not going to get much, if any, sympathy here. There are thousands of cats and kittens in shelters and rescues being put to sleep because they need homes. We don't encourage random breeding here.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:54 AM
Tom Cat

In my opinion, children should learn kindness and compassion first, science or whatever they learn from a pregnancy and birth second.

Perhaps you could go to the municipal pound by yourself or with your spouse and see the reality of pet overpopulation. I hope this doesnít sound too harsh but I think if you saw tiny kittens being euthanised by the thousands you would not choose to bring any more animals into this world, even if you are going to care for them or find them good homes.

As for veterinary expenses, I think itís OK to rescue a cat from the street even if you donít have a lot of money, but to get another kitten and not be able to provide basic veterinary care amounts to animal abuse in our societies.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

So you can't afford vet care for the cat you have, yet you want her to get pregnant...possibly endanger her life and not be able to afford vet care to help her (very likely since she's had 2 failed pregnancies already). And then keep a second cat that you can't afford vet care for either.

If you love this cat as you say you do, you will get her spayed and forget this irresponsible desire for her to have kittens. You also need to start a vet savings account or buy insurance so she can have care when she needs it. Teach your kids to be responsible pet owners by positive example, they will get much more out of it than they will witnessing a birth.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Jr. Cat

Google is your friend in this situation.
I searched for "Low Cost Spay Neuter Clinic" with a zip code close to me and found over a dozen clinics.

Most of them charge based on ability to pay. A couple are free.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page