I wish to know if my british short hair cat is original - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Unhappy I wish to know if my british short hair cat is original

Hello dears

I've been raising a BSH cat since it was 1 month old. now it is 7 months and i started to realize that his coat starts to get dots while it was dark gray plain earlier

I have read that some BSH do have dots and they are called spotted BSH however and the thing that i am not sure of, that his thick coat all over its body looks fine except the hair on his spine which is getting to be strong hair with different touch feeling like. it is thicker single hairs and black

is that normal with adult male BSH? or I've been fooled when i bought it thinking is original BSH by genetics

please advise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-20 at 23.21.56.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	124108  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-20 at 23.21.00.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	124110  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:26 PM
Premier Cat

Did you buy your cat from a breeder of BSH's in the U.S. or Canada or a BYB=backyard breeder? If so, you should have received a Registration slip from the breeder that listed the cat's name, sex, color, and registration number, or if it wasn't registered with a specific name you should have received an "Application for Registration", commonly called the "blue slip" in CFA). The most common legitimate registration organizations are in U.S. and Canada are: CFA=Cat Fanciers Assoc., TICA=The International Cat Assoc., ACFA=American Cat Fanciers Assoc., CCA=Canadian Cat Assoc. The breeder would also have it's pedigree chart showing is sire and dam, etc. back to 5 generations. If you did not receive any registration to prove that your cat is a purebred pedigreed British Shorthair, then it is considered a Domestic Shorthair (DSH), grey spotted tabby. On the legitimate registration with say CFA it would be "blue spotted tabby" for the color. BSH's can be solid colors, like white, black, or tabbies, bicolors, etc. Most associations don't accept Pointed color pattern (like a Siamese).

Here is more info on the BSH from CFA:
http://www.cfa.org/Breeds/BreedsAB/B...Shorthair.aspx

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."

Last edited by catloverami; 04-23-2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Additional info. added
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 02:38 PM
Tom Cat

Tabby is the default colouration for domestic cats. It's not uncommon to see ghost stripes and spots in all sorts of breeds. My Siamese has them, although I only see them in bright sunlight.
Did you buy this kitten as a pet?

Last edited by marie73; 04-25-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page