Worried and Sad - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Worried and Sad

My dear, sweet mama kitty seems to be missing. She has 6 week old kittens. Mama was gone all night last night and no sign of her today. She is very much loved and we are praying that she comes home. I have been outside looking and calling for her to no avail. The kittens are 6 weeks old, and have been eating solid food. They were still nursing a fair amount as well. If mama doesn't come back, can anyone tell me if I need to supplement the babies with formula, or if they are ok to just eat kitten food at this age? Thanks so much, and if you wouldn't mind keeping mama kitty (her name is Ballerina) in your thoughts I would appreciate it. =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Cat Addict

I don't have any advice on feeding the kittens.
I just wanted to say I'll keep Ballerina in my thoughts and hope she comes home soon.

Jennifer

Jennifer and the monsters
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Aquiel Send a message via Yahoo to Aquiel
by 6 weeks, they should be ok, if mommy doesnt come home.
i pray she does however,
maybe off them a bit more food as usual, if they were still supplimenting a bit off of momma, as they might be a bit hungrier.
Ill keep ur kitty in my thoughts tonight!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- you can't soar with the eagles, when your surrounded by turkies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Cat Addict

Its quite possible that your momma cat has gone into heat and is out getting herself knocked up again. A female in heat will sometimes be gone for a few days. It would be a good idea to call animal control and your local humane societies to report her lost and to check if anyone has brought her in.

Your kitty is in my thoughts. I hope that she does return, but when she does, please keep her inside until you have her spayed.
If you don't think that its neccessary to have her spayed, please visit THIS PAGE. I reccommend scrolling down to the bottom of the page and reading the short story titled "His Name is Sam."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Update

Boy, do I feel like a dummy. After I posted my first message I left to run some errands. I just came home and Ballerina came strolling out of my daughters bedroom. She was in the house the whole darn time! Thanks for your thoughts though, I guess I panicked a little too quickly. I am going to keep a close eye on her, it's not really like her to hide so I hope she is feeling OK. Regarding getting her spayed, she has already gone into heat since the kittens were born and was kept in the house then. I am DEFINITELY getting her spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned, actually I have been saving money a little at a time as I plan to get all 3 kittens fixed myself before they go to their new homes, to make sure no more litters result from mine. I may end up keeping all the babies anyway, I don't know if I can bring myself to part with them.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses, sorry to worry you.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Sol
Cool Cat

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadear
Boy, do I feel like a dummy. After I posted my first message I left to run some errands. I just came home and Ballerina came strolling out of my daughters bedroom. She was in the house the whole darn time! Thanks for your thoughts though, I guess I panicked a little too quickly. I am going to keep a close eye on her, it's not really like her to hide so I hope she is feeling OK. Regarding getting her spayed, she has already gone into heat since the kittens were born and was kept in the house then. I am DEFINITELY getting her spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned, actually I have been saving money a little at a time as I plan to get all 3 kittens fixed myself before they go to their new homes, to make sure no more litters result from mine. I may end up keeping all the babies anyway, I don't know if I can bring myself to part with them.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses, sorry to worry you.
They're like that Go off hiding and worrying you sick... I'm glad she's safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page