Jillian at stud - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Jillian at stud

Hello! I have a few questions, I took my 2 year old persian female off to stud 2 days ago, She has never had any previous litters because we wanted her to be fully mature. What I'm wondering is, The stud owner has been breeding persians for 30 years and when i called said that she is letting him on her and growling at the end but not rolling around and what not. He is a very experienced stud. Could this just be her way or is he not hitting target? Anyone have a queen that does this? Thanks Again!

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

It's very individual these things. Some females are "typical" when it comes to matings while some never do anything "as they should" but yet they do get pregnant. It's probably just her way of doing it or maybe she needs more time to learn. It's not always it workd the first time, not even if one of them is experienced.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

That is what the breeder/my mentor thought as well, just wanted to know what others had experienced. She's kind of a quirky kitty anyhow. I really appreciate your insight.

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiliBean
Okay

This cat is fine my cat callie did that the male would get on top of her then she would smack him and an hour later hed try again its perfectly normal just wait is all you can do callie is now pregnant and is due to in 22 days so good luck with your persians
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Great Thank You! Wow, you must be excited with your upcoming litter on it's way. I hope all goes well with Callie & Her Babies.

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Well Jillian is home, and we are just waiting to see if she took. The breeder said she witnessed the breedings but Jilli never rolled or tried to attack her [email protected]#$ She said all cats are different, of course mine would be the quirky one...lol

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Just an update on Jillian, She has pinked up, So I think we may have little ones on their way. My question..I have her on Royal Canin Persian, Should I slowly switch to their kitten formula? We have a vet appt in a week, So I will keep this updated as we go...Thanks Everyone

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiliBean
good luck with your kitties mine are do so soon im about to go crazi=)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I am sure, Your so close to having the little ones arrive. I cannot wait! We have planned this for sooo long I can't believe we will finally have our first litter, I know I'll be a wreck, Thank goodness I have such a wonderful mentor & site like this to keep me sane...Lol

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

We feed a bit of raw as well, But kibble is free fed. Do you buy yours ready made? I've always wondered if that was easier than making my own raw and of the same quality. Jillian is a copper eyed white masking cream & the stud we bred to her is a black & white van. I have a 2 year old male that hasn't shown any interest yet, But I sure hope he does because his pedigree is to die for! He is a black smoke & white. I have studied colors of kittens we might expect but i'm not too good with genetics quite yet, But getting there. Thanks again! Dawnde

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page