URGENT Pregnancy Quetion - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

URGENT Pregnancy Quetion

My cat is just over 4 weeks pregnant. My dog occasionaly runs after the cat but just to chew on her fur and not to bite her or anything. I am a bit worried wether the kittens inside her are ok. At the moment she is still eating and drinking more than usual,her nipples are still pink, her tummby is bulging out a little from the sides and she is always lying around the house in different places(quite unusual for my cat cos she usually just picks a spot and sleeps for most of the day). Do you think her kittens are ok?Should I get an ultrasound done or can you tell that her pregnancy is going ok from the symptoms I gave you?

Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned

What has made you think there are problems - has your dog hurt her? If you are at all worried, take her to the vets - it's better safe than sorry.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

I would not allow a dog to treat a pregnant (if any) cat that way. It can be stressful to the cat and stress can cause the female to abort the foetuses, nothing I'd risk.

If the nipples are pink/red and swollen she's probably pregnant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Jr. Cat

Snake, If you were pregnant would you want someone chasing & biting on you? I'm not being judgemental But sometimes you have to put yourself in your pet's place to understand.

Dawnde
of
Kessjillian Cattey
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Cat

I would just try to keep the dog away from her. It could put her under stress. And if you're really worried take her to the vet, it's always better to be safe than sorry!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiliBean
My cats

My cats cally ( is pregnant due any moment ) and Jinxie are both around the new pup sophia and cally smacks her anytime she goes near her and jinxie can take care of herself is there any way you can keep the dog outside until the kittens are born and i wouldnt bother taking her to the vet the kittens at that age arent very fragile anyways
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiliBean
stress is really bad on pregnant kitties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page