Not fixed, no heat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Not fixed, no heat

When I was in Housten Last week,I was visiting my uncles house and learned thier Female adult cat was not spayed ,and of course I started fussing at my cousin to get her fixed! But the thing is, kitty has never gone into heat! Given she was very sick as a kitten, what are some medical reasons for a cat not to come into season? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Cat Addict

Did you remind them that even if she is not going into heats, it is still important to get her fixed to prevent things like cancer and pyometra?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I gave cuz' the whole speech,putting emphasis on cancer; She said when she got the money, she would and my uncle mentioned making her an appointment...You know how that goes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerilka
I gave cuz' the whole speech,putting emphasis on cancer; She said when she got the money, she would and my uncle mentioned making her an appointment...You know how that goes
Oh yeah...tell me about it.

I'm not sure what medically could cause no heat...that is strange.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 04:02 AM
Banned

Some cats are very good at 'hiding' heats from their owners. She might have been in heat, but not shown obvious signs. How old is she?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Two or Three; She is indoor (mostly)/outdoor and has never come home pregnant,and they have had her since she was a baby;They take good care of thier little dog and mean well, but just don't see an urgent need right now
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Banned

So they have an unneutered female that they allow outside? Crikey, I think its a blessing in disguise that she hasn't developed normally! She needs to be speyed. If she has a defective/deformed reproductive system, there risk is far increased of it becoming cancerous!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

She some times escapes out the upper story window onto the roof,In Fact I think when I was there was the first time it happend, then she locked the window, Kitty seemed very healthy, with a nice coat.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Jr. Cat

My first female cat I did not get spayed right away and I don't think she ever went into heat. She was almost a year old. If she went into heat I never knew it. Now Mama Kitty, who showed up as a stray, once she weaned those kittens there was no mistaking that she was in heat...WOW. Needless to say we got her fixed ASAP. My husband would call me at work and say this is what I have been listening to ALL day and I could hear her in the background yowling. I don't know if all of them act that way but I am assuming they do, which makes me think my older girl never went in to heat before.

"It's really the cat's house--we just pay the mortgage." ~ Unknown
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiliBean
health for that cat sounds like it is indeed a large danger please try to convince them of the importance of this matter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page