Hello! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello!

Hi,

My name is Katie and I live on the Isle of Wight. I have two Somali cats, Tigerlily and Tribble. Also to their disgust, I have 2 English Bulldogs and 2 children oh and a husband

I am searching for a Sphynx (sorry hope I have spelt that right ) Does anyone know of any breeders in the South of England? I am willing to pay whatever the going rate is, I am not looking for one to show just a much loved family pet. Any help would be much appreciated.

Look forard to reading any responses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Katie, and welcome.

I'm going to move your post to the breeding forum. Hopefully, you can meet up with someone there who can help you out. We have many members from the UK here.

Good luck in finding your Sphynx!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Hi there - welcome to the forum! I am in the UK too, originally from Kent (now in Scotland!)

Did a quick search and found these breeders near you:

http://www.sphynxylady.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Lolita Johnson
London
Tel. 0207 794 8754
Email: [email protected]

Jeanette Hanoman
Friern Barnet, North London
Tel: 0208 211 9756
Email: [email protected]

or search for Sphynx on http://www.ukclassifieds.co.uk/ as sometimes kittens for sale are advertised there.

Going rate I would imagine is about £400 or there abouts. Unfortunately purebred cats are actually cheaper in the North - not entirely sure why... There also seems to be more choice of breeders further afield. Some breeders can arrange for kittens to be delivered (usually by the breeder themselves for a fee)

Take a look at the "What makes a good breeder" at the top of the breeding forum to see what you should look for. Any good breeder will be fine with you calling them and enquiring about kittens and should allow a visit after about 8 weeks or so.

Hope that helps!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello Hayley

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, it is much appreciated I will definately give them a call and see what litters they have planned for the near future. Fingers crossed

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Banned

Hello and welcome from another UKer! I can't wait to see piccies of your cats (and dogs!) and new arrival...when he/she arrives! Ems x
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello Emma

Thanks for the welcome

Not sure I was allowed to post pics of my dogs on a cat forum

I will get some up to date ones done of mycats and post them as soon as I get a minute

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Katie

I am also in the UK and have a brother who lives on the Isle of Wight - beautfiul place.

I know you aren't after a show quality kitten but have you thought about going along to one of the local shows? It's a great opportunity to meet and chat with breeders and put feelers out for a new cat. Often breeders are selling on retired neutered breeding queens or might even know of a Sphynx rescue association. (I did a search for one and couldn't find any details which I find heartening but of course doesn't help you! )

The GCCF website has a list of sanctioned shows
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/GCCF_CATS/
as I say I know you aren't after a show kitten but it might be a good place to start and is a nice day out if not.

Best of luck anyway - let us all know when you find your new pushka

***Edited to add:

Actually, there are also two good cat magazines you can buy in newsagents: Catworld and Your Cat - they have kitten/cat listings in the back and might help - you could always have a flick through before you bought a copy

Stephie

... by Doodle
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Cat Addict

Hello and welcome! can't wait to see the furrys pics! I am donna owned proudly by the incredible trio
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Banned

You can post about your dogs in The Lounge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page