HELP first Pregnancy and SCARED - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

HELP first Pregnancy and SCARED

I am very new to this site but I need help. My cat is pregnant Im sure cause she is twice the size she usually is. Last two days she has been in bed all day and at night very cuddlie. Yesterday I noticed a little tiny blood where she was sitting so I checked her ok and she was ok. Now she looks a lil bloody and Im not sure if thats normal or not. I really am panicing and the vet is out. Please someone help me!

Thanks so much!!

kitylvr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Jr. Cat

yeah she must be due very soon then hun, thats her muscus plus falling out. this happens before the birth, could be a couple of hours up to 48 hours now till she gives birth. this is a good way of indicating when she is due. congrats! my cat is pregnant too and is due anyday now. Are your cats nipples big too?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Well she is spotting still and no labor. I am going nuts. Her teets are very red and pink around them. She seems fine but more spotting and not a little amount like a tablespoon. Im taking her to the vet this afternoon to ease my mind. I hope its soon I am too worried for it be m\be much longer. Thanks for your advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Jr. Cat

Im sure she will be fine, keep me up to date
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Sorry this is so late but things just finally slowed down.

First off no vet would try to squeeze her in so I had to wait until yesterday for the vet. They looked at her said she was in labor and that she was ok. The nurse said she thought she needed a c section the doctor disagreeded saying that cats 90% of the time are fine and she would be ok. This was 2 hours after her water broke, and no kittens. He said that if we didnt get any kittens in the next 6 hours that I needed to call back to emergency and see what the oncall doc said. They took an xray and said there was only 1 kitten and that usually takes longer. Well I called a little before 6 hours with no kittens yet and another 2 hours passed before I could talk to the oncall doc. He said bring her in ASAP and do a c section and he (owner) was very angry they hadnt done it the first time I came in. SO I rushed her there and he did her c section asap and unfortunately we lost the kitten. However, my baby is fine and recoverying. She is now spayed thank goodness cause I could never hadle to go through that again.I am very thankful for everyones concern and thankful it wasnt worse. Thanks So Much!

Sabrina
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

The first vet should've known that one kitten often means trouble. The number of kittens is important for labour inducing hormones and one kitten often isn't enough to stimulate enough hormones to get it all going. Vets just aren't the best midwives most of the time.

I'm glad your female is doing well though.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Jr. Cat

aww im really sorry u n ur baby went through all that, mustve been horrible for you. glad se us doing well
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiliBean
hey

im really sorry to hear about the kitten but one kitten litters are normally a handful, and i hate it when the vets cant squeez an emergency
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to PrincessClaire
I am so sorry for the loss of your kitten but I am glad that your baby is doing well, hope she has a speedy recovery

love and hugs
Claire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page