4 week old kittens and mommy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to ericalynn429
4 week old kittens and mommy

So i think im going to take in a mom and her 4 week old kittens. any advice you can give me about taking care of a 4 week old kitten? Is it any different than a 2 month old kitten?

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to ericalynn429
Actually no im not. She decided to keep them and deal with her moving issues. HOWEVER i found a posting of someone unable to care for a litter of 3 week old kittens , so i called her. we werent able to chat long, her cell phone kept cutting out. so im not sure if they have mommy.

If not, do they need to be bottle fed. What do you feed them. Anything else i should know?

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Premier Cat

I'll move this into the breeding forum for you where there is lots of expertise about looking after little kitties.

Stephie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... by Doodle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Cat Addict

Most likely they will have to be bottle fed if they are only three weeks -- they won't start eating on their own until about 5 to 6 weeks at least, when Mom tries to wean them.

I hope they have the mama kitty -- it will be much easier on you and the babies if she is still there. They learn alot from their mama, like litter box use, etc., and she also has to stimulate their rear ends to use the rest room for the first few weeks, so just keep that in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page