What do you think Dad looked like? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

What do you think Dad looked like?

Hi, everybody,

I have a question for you. This is my kitten, Cricket. We found her and her family under our shed about two months ago.

I know that she is a moggie and that's fine with me, but I was wondering what you think her dad looked like? Her mom and siblings were normal tabbies, but she looks very different from them.

She reminds me a little of some lynx point siamese cats I've seen. Do you think there could be a little of that in her background somewhere? She has an M on her forhead, stripes by her blue eyes, white around the inside of her ears and around her eyes, an outlined nose, and smudges on the backs of her ears. I know that these can be characteristics of that type of cat.

Basically, I'm just curious about her. I know what her mom was like, but who knows about dad. If you guys have any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks,
Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Premier Cat

Impossible to say really.
It could be something from mum in her bloodline.

Vienna was a tonkinese mix, dad unknown, mum pure bred tonkinese.
This is 3 of the kittens we kept, as you can see all very different. No way of knowing what dad had in him.

For all we know dad was a ginger tom, no way of telling.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Oh well. Thanks for answering Zalensia. I knew that people can half-accurately predict the colors of kittens by seeing the parents, but I wasn't sure if you could do it the other way around. You have very striking cats, by the way.

Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
With the white paws, it could be a bit of Snowshoe Siamese. I'd be more likely to make up a new breed: Cutie pie!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:18 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Girl
You have very striking cats, by the way.
Thankyou!
Cricket is also very beautiful!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

One thing's for sure, if the mother is a brown tabby the father is black pigmented (black/brown, blue, chocolate or lilac).

But he other than that you can't say anything really. The colorpoint gene is a recessive trait so both parents may carry it without being colorpoints themselves.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Premier Cat

>>>>>runs to steal Cricket

Holy cow, she is adorable!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

She's lovely
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Tom Cat

Dune looks exactly the same as Cricket. (Check out my gallery). His dad was unknown and his mom was a chocolate point siamese. He had two brothers that looked like him, and a sister that was jet black. That doesn't really answer your question, but it may give you some insight...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Kitten

re: What do you think the father looked like

Hi,
I am new to the forums and ran across your post. I have a cat exactly like Cricket, his name is Simon. His mother was white with grey spots, the father unknown also. He had a sister that looked like him and a long haired brother like him, the rest of the litter was a cat like your cat Ellie, a black with white boots and a grey tabby. I think Simon, and Cricket are the most beautiful cats I have ever seen. What type of personality does she have? Simon is very independent and picky!!! My family says I have him spoiled. Feel free to check out my gallery, there are pics of all of my cats. Thanks!!!
Wow, Parker your cat Dune is beautiful too!! I just saw your pics!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page