Our First Christmas Tree - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Our First Christmas Tree

I was excited to be in my very first apartment with my very first cats that were all mine and it was our very first Christmas. Even though nobody would be at my place for the holidays other than me and the boys, I decided to go all out and decorate the place. I got a four ft. tree and a bunch of decorations for it. I thought I was pretty smart because I didn't buy any glass decorations, knowing that it will be impossible to keep the two kitten demolition team from playing it. They sniffed it a little, then chased each other around the apartment, seeming completely uninterested in the tree. I went to bed and when i woke up the next morning, the tree was still untouched. I left for work thinking everything will be fine because they ignored the tree, so I didn't bother blocking them off from the living room. I was in for a shock when I got home at the end of the day! There were ornaments and needles all over the place. The tree had been completely demolished and not a cat in sight. I was just about to yell their names when Funny-face came tearing out of the bathroom with a kitty "log" dragging behind him. He obviously thought it was chasing him and was running around in a panick. the log finally detatched and when I picked it up, there was tinsel in it! The had eaten some tinsel off the tree! Of course, it was off to the vet again who x-rayed Funny-face and poked and prodded his belly. he said I was lucky that Funny-face didn't eat a whole lot of it and he should be able to pass what he did eat. I could take him home and make sure he isn't having problems doing his duty. Funny-Face was able to pass all of the tinsel out eventually, but it sure did suck while he was clearing his body of it...everytime he went the litterbox, he would come out dragging a log behind him and he was convinced it was chasing him. That was the last time I ever put tinsel on a tree!

Tux lives forever in our hearts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

I just keep picturing it and laughing!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Senior Cat

I have been wondering about christmas this year with so many Kittens.... buggie and garfield are 8 months and the ferals about 11 months yikes 5 kittens ......

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page