Hello! I'm getting a new kitty soon - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Hello! I'm getting a new kitty soon

I'm new here and am glad to have found this forum. I'm from Southern California. I wanted to share a link to a picture of the kitty that I am going to be adopting. His name is RollsRoyce and he's been through quite a lot. I'm adopting him through Purebreds Plus Cat Rescue in Northern California. I won't be getting him for a few more weeks because he has skin problems from severe matting.

This is a really shocking picture, but I am sure that if you read RollsRoyce's story, you will be able to see the beauty in this poor cat.
I can't wait to get him and give him the love and the home he's never had.

Here is the link to Roll's story and his picture. Get our your hankies and kleenex:

http://www.purebredsplus.org/available/bio/rolls.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Cat Addict

OMG! The poor thing! You have such a big heart, I know it's big because you are letting this cute guy into it! He is so lucky to have you. What a horrible story, but now his life will be grand. He deserves this and I know he will love you with all of his heart!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Cool Cat

What a precious boy. He's been through so much! It says so much about them when they've been through so much, yet they're still so lovely and patient... He's lucky to have found you

Silver Deer and...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks so much for your kind responses.

He is pretty pitiful looking right now, but I am going to make him into the beautiful "show" cat that he always has been and never got the chance to blossom into. (Of course, I would never try to show him!) So what if he ends up with a few bald spots after all the neglect? He'll think he's gorgeous and that's all that counts.

He's supposed to look like this:

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/a ... ilver.html

I firmly believe that cats have big egos and they know when they are not looking their best and it bothers them. I have a young Persian male and he is quite cocky after he's been brushed. He hates his twice daily face washings, though. haha! He acts like the last rose of summer and goes off into a corner to re-wash it himself because it hurts his dignity. But it has to be done because of their overly teary eyes.

I just found out that Rolls likes being held, yay! That goes a long way toward the bonding process. He's missing one tooth and needs a little dental work. My vet said the first thing that needs to be done is blood work to see what's going on inside so we can head off anything we can't see from the outside. I agree with him on that point.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to meebo
You're kind hearted man... how old is he ??? what a poor cat..how is he now ??
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

He's 13 years old. And right now he is in a foster home. His foster mom told me that he is being comfortably caged to keep him away from the other cats due to fungus that is contagious to the other cats in the house.

He was kept in a cage in a garage his whole life, covered with tarps so right now he is loving the activity of people and other kitties going on around him in the family room where he is now. He is not isolated any longer and she says he likes to be held. His skin condition is the only thing keeping him there right now and in a few weeks he can come home with me.

Since I have another Persian here, we agreed it is best to let him heal completely so there is no danger of infecting my other cat.

I am dying to get him here and take care of him. He needs love so bad.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to meebo
Hope you enjoy with your new cat..
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you Meebo. You kitty is soooo adorable. I can tell that one is spoiled completely rotten.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Cool Cat

It really bothers me that he was kept in a cage in a garage his whole life So glad he's getting a second chance at life with you. I'm certain he'll really appreciate his new home! Keep us updated on his progress

Silver Deer and...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Cat Addict

Poor Rolls. How lucky is he that he found you to give him a home to retire in. I hope he brings you years of joy.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page