My housemates don't believe me--First Nora Story - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Bandit_X Send a message via Yahoo to Bandit_X
My housemates don't believe me--First Nora Story

I'm new to the forum, but a couple people probably saw my introduction post... Anyway, Nora (my foster) decided to do something today I've never seen before.

Like most strays, Nora had loads of fleas. Today she seemed comfortable enough with me to give her a bath and a good brushing.

I prepare for the worst--I've got my war face on, I've got my flea shampoo, and I've got my enormous garden tub that is a nightmare to bathe any animal in.
I run the warm water, and tentatively hold her back under the running water.

She looks up at me, squirms, and allows me to start with the shampoo without so much as a hiss. I'm in heaven. Until she turns around, wraps her tiny paws around the smooth, plastic, hard to turn hot water knob, and shuts it off.

I laugh. It must be a fluke; maybe her claws caught it just right. So she swings over to the cold water, and shuts it off.

I turn the water back on and continue scrubbing. We repeat this little ritual around six more times until most of the fleas were down the drain and the soap was gone. My housemates still don't believe me that teeny weeny six pound Nora had the strength and intelligence to turn off the water.

After her marvelous display of eline intelligence, snuggled and dried off; Nora even laying back to purr while I trimmed her seriously overgrown nails.

She's clearly smarter than the dog (who had HIS bath next and nearly destroyed the bathroom in his attempt to run away from that horrible water).
How does Matt expect me to give her up in five months?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

After hearing about the intelligence of other cats on this Forum, I totally believe you.

Why five months? That seems like an awfully long time to foster - and not fall totally in love.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Bandit_X Send a message via Yahoo to Bandit_X
A friend stationed in Guam is looking for a cat when he comes home to VA in 5 months, and he is very interested in little Nora.
If a good home is found for her before he gets back (or if Matt falls in love with her too), he is ok with her going to a new home or staying with me--he's a true cat lover and wants what's best for her. He's just hoping that he gets to be her daddy on his return.
Giving her up after that long will be tough (redoubled my efforts to find a job in order to support her, and finally found work), but we have 17 mouths to feed not including her. Hopefully that number will go down soon--I'm still looking for a Forever home for my last three rat foster kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Kitten

Send a message via AIM to PurrrfectCompanion Send a message via Yahoo to PurrrfectCompanion
Cats are truly intelligent animals, my cat Max knows how to open the door to the bathroom and only does that when I'm in there LOL. I leave the bathroom door closed because I have stuff out in shelves that I don't want the cats to get to, and Max has never opened the door while I'm not in there, apparently he just likes to bother me when I pee LOL! But I totally believe that a kitty could do that!

--Liza

When a cat speaks, it's because it has something to say, unlike humans who are the great refuse containers of speech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page