My Office Mascot - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My Office Mascot

I had to tell the story of this little kitty too. I work with a guy in his basement doing web design work and because it's his residence, the cats are pretty much allowed to go all over the house including the office. Well Molly is a little lovebug. She has somehow adopted me as her favorite person and has taken to sleeping in my office during the time that I am there. She has her own chair and everything. I've crumpled up some bits of paper so she has some toys and such. My boss recently had a meeting and moved Molly's chair to his office. She knows it is her chair and now goes and sleeps in his office! I've accused him of stealing my office mascot since he's got one of his own. Shadow will go and sleep on the bed in his office because it has a fleece blanket on it. I'm gonna have to move that chair back. Molly is just so adorable and sleeps in the weirdest positions. Sometimes she'll hop up on my desk and sleep in front of the keyboard so I pretty much have to stop working and cater to her.

Dogs have owners but Cats Have Staff!

Momma to Mac and Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Senior Cat

That's great! My work would sure be better if there was a cat here to keep us company!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Cool Cat

That's great! I wish I could have a cat at work too. You'll have to get Molly's chair back, though

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

just to let you all know, I took some pics of Molly with my phone today and hopefully will have them posted soon.

Momma to Mac and Charlie
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Cool Cat

That's great! I'll be looking out for those pics

seashell
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Premier Cat

Aww, I bet your work day is so much better because Molly helps you. Now go get that chair back!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

One of my biggest perks with working at home is being able to take a kitty break whenever I want. I have cat beds in my office and generally have one or two of them here with me. The downside is the litter boxes are in here too, gotta get them moved....

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Well I did get her chair back and of course she was very happy about it. Problem is, boss had another meeting today and took MY chair instead of Molly's. So I was technically borrowing Molly's chair and she wasn't too happy about it. So now I get the hard square chair because she's decided she wants to take a nap.

Sigh.

Momma to Mac and Charlie
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Jr. Cat

I work from home too, and my cat tends to want attention and petting from me in the worst times, like when I'm programming in front of the computer, and very busy. She blocks my way to the keyboard, and blocks the view to my monitor, and refuses to move. I kick her out, and she's back very soon afterwards again. I had to lock the door, or else she wouldn't let me work.

Now, when I'm not working, and I want Lucy to hang out with me, like when I'm watching TV, and she goes do her own thing, and doesn't look for my attention.

Funny but our time schedule for petting / attention are always on the opposite end of the spectrum.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Cool Cat

How typical of a cat, Jonathan !

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page