Saved a kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Send a message via MSN to Esprsso
Saved a kitten

Hello all
Here is my little story( I should also add we saved our dog from a crazy lady who was going to drown them. We got her when she was only 2 weeks old & was less tan 2 lbs also). We live in an appt complex in Panama City, Panama. Almost everynight for the past month or so. I have seen this kitten. But I was walking my dog so it would never come close to me.
Well last Monday my wife was taking our son down to catch the school bus. She came backup & was talking about this little kitten that was just meowing & looked sickly so this girl gave it some mashed potatoes from her lunchbox.
Pass to 11:30...
We go downstairs to get Liam & low and behold. The kitten is still there.....just meowing & barely able to sit up. So I crouch down to look him over & look up a my wife & ask her what she wants to do. SO I took him upstairs. Gave him some milk & dogfood. Let him sleep for 2 hours(meanwhile all the time Liam was extatic). When he woke up we took him to the vet. The vet said he was about 3 months old, but only weighed 1.5 lbs & has alot of parasites(which I pretty much already knew). So we got all the nessessary shots & medications. They gave him a bath, cleaned his ears(which were coated in black soot) & filed his nails. Later that night he pooped out a 6 inch tape worm & the next day a 2 inch tape worm. Fast foreward one week. He is now about 3 lbs, FULL of energy & just crazy curious...ofcourse this is when he is not sleeping 20 out of 24 hours of the day.
I still have to get him a good litter box, as I am using a paint tray. I have to find a good place to get litter also. A 10lb bag of generic litter here is $13. He goes through about one bag a week..$52/month in litter..YIKES!!!!
This coming month I am going to be building a cat "mansion" on our balcony/ It is going to be about 9ft wide x 7ft high.

Anyway, that is about all I can think of now. But here are some pics & a vid. In order from when I first brought him upstairs( our dog took to him immediately) to last night when I found him crashed out in our bed....

Oh, in the vid..NO he is not pooping. Just starting doing typical kitten things.

At the vet getting checked out

Relaxing on an old Japanese cigarette box

Video..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Saved a kitten

What a great story!

I'm in love with the little guy.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Cool Cat

What a little treasure you have found Its wonderful to see him looking so playful in the vid after all he has been through.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior Cat

WooHoo!! This is a great story! Thanks for saving the little fella! He's a little nut isn't he! Looks like he's already paying you back with lots of entertainment! Glad the dog likes him too. Says good things about the dog!!

Lucille & Koko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page