my first rescue - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

my first rescue

I rescued my first cat when I was 5 yrs old. I found her behind our garage and she was about 6 weeks old. She was dirty and wet and looked awful. I named her "Tuffy". As my dad forbid pets, I hid her in the garage and snuck food and milk out to her. After a couple of weeks my mom found out but did not tell dad. Over the next few months , dad of course found out and relented as long as we kept "that **** cat" out of the house. It did not take long before that rule got broken and dad accepted her. I knew she was an official member of the family when early one morning I saw my dad feeding "that **** cat" some "snacks" while he was packing his lunch. She was inside most of the time but was usually outside at night by her choice. She learned how to climb the trellis ouside the front door and sleep on the porch roof. One night when Tuffy was about 5 yrs old my mom was woke by a terrible cat fight and commotion outside the front of the house. There was blood and fur all over the front step. The next morning Tuffy was missing. We looked and looked and called her name but could not find her. One afternoon about 5 weeks later my mom was talking to the neighbor lady who was out hanging clothes on her clothesline. She asked if we ever found our cat. Mom replied that we had not and had given up hope of ever finding her alive. Just then mom looked across the yard and there was Tuffy trotting across the yard toward her !
She had a nasty bump on her head with a big scab and another nasty scab on her neck. She was very thin and weak. Within a few weeks she was her usual beautiful self. She lived to be 17 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Cat Addict

Re: my first rescue

What a beautiful story! Tuffy was a lucky cat that you found her. Isn't it amazing how the right cat can wiggle right into peoples hearts! I'm glad your dad accepted her and she lived to be a loved old kitty.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Cool Cat

Re: my first rescue

What a lovely story. I'm so glad Tuffy found her way into your Dad's heart.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page