Patch meets new kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Patch meets new kitten

2 years ago my wife and daughter brought home a beautiful 8 week old Tonkinese kitten.
I was very concerned because Patch our 10 yr old Jack Russel terrier does not like cats.
We set out food for some feral cats that live on a farm a few blocks away. A few weeks earlier a mother cat and her kittens had came over to get some food and Patch got out and killed one of the kittens. I don't think he meant to kill it , it was the first time he had ever caught one and he rolled over it and broke its spine. We moved the new kitten into my sons room at far end of house and set up her food, water and litter pan in there. Our plan was to keep his door shut at all times and slowly introduce them under our close supervision. On the third day I came home from work just as my son was leaving. No one else was home. Patch greeted me at the door. As I set my lunch box on the table I glanced down the hall and saw my sons bedroom door open. Before I could stop him Patch raced down the hall and into my sons room. I could here the dog racing around the bedroom barking and next thing I know he comes racing into the kitchen with the kitten in hot pursuit. They chased each other around for about 30 minutes then shared a drink from the same water bowl and curled up next to each other and fell asleep on the couch. I was stunned. To this day they are the best of friends. Patch still chases the neighborhood cats every chance he gets but understands that our cat is part of the family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Patch meets new kitten

I'm so glad that Patch gets on with your cat now.
BTW, what's your cat's name?

seashell
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Her name is kind of a sore point in the household. We have had her about two years and we still do not have a name we all agree on. Her official name at the vet office is Blizzard, but my son calls her "Biggy" my wife calls her "Princess" my daughter calls her Blizzy and I call her "Baby Kitty" . Its kind of embarrassing when new family or friends come over and say " Oh what a pretty cat, what's her name ?" We just kind of stare at the floor and say "Uh...Er ..... she doesn't really have one"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:46 AM
Cool Cat

Poor puss-cat without a name
On the other hand you could say she has at least 4 names
Many cats seem to acquire lots of different names and nicknames. Our (late) cat Jimmy somehow acquired the name of Pilkington Puss-Cat or General Pilkington. Don't know how that happened - it just seemed to suit him.

seashell
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Premier Cat

Oh your story freaked me out.
My cat Bosco was killed tragically by a dog that I had been fostering in my own home.

I am happy that your story has a much happier ending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page