Brought by fate? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Brought by fate?

Hi all!

I wanted to share the unique background of my mom's youngest cat, Mario. He's a gray DSH, about a year old. My mom's other cats are two 14yos and three 9yos (sort of a senior citizen's home). I was really glad that the little guy showed up so that my mom will have some continuous companionship as the older ones pass. It seemed like fate...

Around January 2008, my mom noticed a black cat hanging around our backyard. Since it was cold, she felt bad and started feeding him, calling him Spooky because he freaked her out in their first meeting. Around April, she learned that he belonged to one of our neighbors and was just nosey. She stopped feeding him, but he kept hanging around. One day, "Spooky" showed up with a tiny gray kitten, barely old enough to be out on his own. My mom asked her neighbor, but the kitten wasn't his. The little one was scared of everyone except Spooky. My mom started putting food out again because she was worried the babe needed food.

So, Spooky and his pet kitten (as my mom would call him) started hanging around a lot. One day, my mom looked outside and Spooky had (sexually) mounted the kitten. My mom freaked out, somehow grabbed the little one and brough him inside her house. Being a feral kitten, he freaked out.

I don't know the details of how she calmed him down, but now he's a fairly well-adjusted member of the family. He loves to sit on her lap but is too long for her, so he adjusts himself, stretches, adjusts himself, stretches, and eventually just flops off. He's even friendly towards me, whom he's seen for about two months total spread out throughout his life. He'll roll onto his back and look up at me with eyes begging to touch him. I'll rub his belly and he'll start bitting and grabbing playfully. I go along with it, 'cause he needs someone other than our geriatrics to play with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Brought by fate?

Your Mom should share her feral-taming tricks with you, so you can share them with us!

What a great story, and a happy ending.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Cool Cat

What a lovely story. What's the kitten's name?

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Mario, after Mario Lemuix of Pittsburgh Penguins fame. He's a really intelligent soul, so she had trouble coming up with a name. She's still not happy with what she chose, but it's kind of too late to change now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page