Match Made - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Match Made

We walked around the pet store, it was the same old stuff. Nothing new. No new cat toy, no new fish....nothing. I made my usual stop at the shelter satellite that the store had. I petted each and every kitty, as I always do. I came upon a cute little marbled cat. SHe was tiny, maybe 4 pounds. She was also very skinny. She just looked at us grumpily and turned away. I looked at the rest of the cats, there were 4 there that day I would have walked out with, if Hubby didn't warn me of the four we already had. Sigh, my house is too small.

I went back a few days later for cat treats, and again I checked out the the shelter cats. And there was that tiny little, grumpy cat. Again she just turned away. Sigh

A few days later yet again, I went back to the store. This time it was just to visit that skinny little grump. She truned away as usual. I was not going to let the little brat off that easily. I opened the cage, slowly reached for her, and to my surprise she reacted. She looked at my hand, sniffed it, and then lowered her head enough that I could pet it.

At this point my husband looked at her too. She didn't really pay attention to him much, and she really wasn't paying me much attention either. She had a furry orange mouse in the pen and well. I told my hubby to play with her and the mouse whilst I went to find a staff member so I could learn why this little tiny cat was so grumpy.

They didn't know much about her. They named her Lois and said she was a 3 year old grump that ate very little.

Well that sold me, she was coming home with me, I was sure all she needed was the right home. She was about the same size as our smallest cat at home. She was also in the same age range as the rest of our cats.

She went into the office, with me, a litter box that the other cats had been using, plus and old bed from the other cats. She was so skinny, that the first thing I did was give her the same wet food that the other cats had dubbed "the fav"

She ate with gusto! She put on 5 pound in the first two weeks.

She is now my Bijou. She is still a grump, she just has a grumpy look to her face (even thou she is usually grumpy), and she is only a grump with humans (aside from me of course).

Bijou, the Ninja cat. She eats with me, she sleeps with me, she plays with me. She comes running when I call her. She will even wonder into the shower with me. She is my baby and always will be, even if she is a bit strange =D

Purring is natures way of telling you that you have a very special little furball!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Match Made

Great story! I have a grumpy cat, too! (Juno) But I think she is coming around.
Would like to hear the stories of your other cats, too. And pictures please.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Premier Cat

I need to see a photo of Bijou =^..^= the Grumpy Cat. What a great story!
h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Cool Cat

What a brilliant story. I'm so glad your little grump has found a happy home with you

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page