Im so upset and outraged! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to squeekers
Im so upset and outraged!

I went away on vacation for 3 weeks. Just got back yesterday. I boarded my dogs with a friend but I had this girl who runs a kitty daycare watch my cat because my friend is allergic.

Well I got back and went to pick her up and I didnt even recognize my cat. She *told* me whether or not its true that her 9 year old daughter saw her shaving a long haired cat down for the summer and the daughter went and shaved my cat down. Then when mommy found out about it she had to even her out etc. She apologized to me and only asked for 1/3 of the payment.

I am so upset, but should I be? I mean kids will be kids. Here are some pics. Will her fur grow back?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Im so upset and outraged!

Oh, my! Truly...I think I'd have been a bit annoyed, but I'd have *had* to laugh about it! ...and they did take good care of her AND you only had to pay a portion of the board-price because of the daughters...um...version of 'taking off' for a discount?
It really *does* look like a nice clip-job and your kitty is beautiful and seems pleased with herself...I bet she is enjoying the new sensations in her summer wardrobe.
I would be inclined to agree that this was a mistake because shaving most cats is *not* an easy task, and it is one no groomer will *want* to do just-for-the-heck-of-it without getting paid for it. Besides, what a cute/funny story it makes to tell everyone about your nekkid cat!

It will grow back. I shave Shasta and Squirrely-Jo when their long hair gets too many snarls to groom out. Shasta's fur takes longer to grow, because her longest hairs can reach up to 5" in length, but S-Jo regrows her hair in a matter of weeks, about 2 months and she's back to her fuzzy self.
heidi =^..^=

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Premier Cat

Here are Shasta:

...and Squirrely-Jo:

I couldn't find a pic online of S-Jo shaved, but here is Shasta, beginning, middle, end.
I use a clothespin to clip on her scruff and with one hand on her chest, she does very well for me. I did use scissors (very bad to use scissors on cats, too easy to pull skin up and into the scissor cutting path) to get the bulk off and then the clippers to smooth everything. I did *not* want to attempt a full-clip as Shasta was being *very* good and I wanted it to continue to be a good exprience for her. Treats and catnip when we finish.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

I'd be furious! I wouldn't have paid a cent, and she shouldn't have charged you anything. What a willful little brat her daughter is. At 9 years old, she's old enough to know better.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Well it is kinda funny She does look cute but any further down she would of been all skin. Should I try to shave the remainder off her? Should I leaver her whiskers there? It doesnt seem to bother her and I am upset but in a way it is humerous. She should of watched her daughter more closely but kids will be kids. I remember the time when my friends daughter decided to shave my belgian Shepherd down to his skin. He looked TOOOOOO funny and he was embaressed. For about 4 weeks he needed to wear sunscreen when he went out. We would all sit around the couch and point and laugh at him and he would get up and put his head down and run to his bed. Ill see if I can dig up some pics.

Kids will be kids.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Cat Addict

What else can you do

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

HEY! Don't get me all worked up and then backpedal!!

I guess considering your weather, it's not soooo terrible. Kinda warm, huh?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Yeah it warm enough for her to be like this. This summer hasnt been as hot as usual. She looks to cute. But it still upsetting but ill get over it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 AM
Cat

That is hilarious. She is totally adorable looking.

If I were you, I'd be furious. We actually paid someone to do that to Gizmo this summer but that's obviously different. If I were you I'd be annoyed that her crucial growing up photos will be kinda silly looking. On the other hand, it does make a great story, and she seems happy enough, so I guess it's not so bad.

Definitely leave her the way she is, though. It's standard practice to leave the head and legs unshaved (they call it a "lion cut"), and I don't think it's merely for aesthetics. Her whiskers also should stay--cats can feel very uncomfortable and disoriented without them.

Once again, she's really cute looking.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Cat

Send a message via MSN to corinthia

LOL it will grow back... I think longer hair grows faster then shorter. My mother used to shave our long hairs and the hair came back in 3ish months. But one time my mom thought it was funny to shave my Zoey's tail and it took a lot longer to come back fully.

Zoey + Chloe + Maxwell + Apple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page