The Day My Kitty Escaped - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

The Day My Kitty Escaped

So my little kitty(Gino) loves the outside. Like, beyond any cat I've ever seen. The vet told us it may be because he used to be a stray. Anyways, when we first got him we kept him in complete lockdown mode until he discovered the door. So, we let him out in the backyard and he had the time of his life. He was running after every thing and anything that moved. The neighbors cat was looking at him as if he was complete moron . So Gino likes to sit by windows ( like almost all cats). But with Gino, he LOVES bugs. More than his food, more than his treats. More than anything we give him. He loves insects. Anything. So when he sits by the window at night time and a moth flies by, he tends to attack it. There's a screen set up so not much gets done except for that he kinda tears up the screen. One night though, he got a little too excited. Everyone was upstairs and little Gino was sitting by the window downstairs. Of course, none of us knew that. We heard a loud bang downstairs but decided to ignore it. After a couple hours my brother asked me where the cat was and I said in my room. Turns out he wasn't in there. So then we went on a massive hunt around the house looking for him. Calling his name, pulling out his favorite treats and we also pulled out the can opener too (Gino LOVES canned food, and everytime any of us grab a can or a can opener he goes nuts thinking its for him) . Later, my brother discovered the screen was knocked down on one of the bedroom windows. That could only mean one thing. Gino had escaped! There were many problems because for one, he didn't have his collar on. Second, he could easily run away because he's not familiar with much outside and he chases anything that moves. Also, he didn't have one of shots that you need to have to be outside. Some respiratory shot. So we all panicked. Headed out to the street looking for him. After 30 minutes, nothing happened. Everyone was giving up until we heard a little scrawny "meow". We followed it and saw it was coming from the neighbours yard. We all headed there and saw he was sitting close to the fence in the neighbors yard! So we started to call him and he kept on crying out. He wouldn't come close so we sent my brother to hop the fence. He kept on running away from him, and all of our plans were failing. He was standing there crying but for 10 seconds, he forgot all of his problems. A moth flew by and he started chasing it. Went on a long chase until it disappeared. It was pretty funny actually! After many attempts, we finally managed to catch him! Sigh of relief by everyone. From that day on though we never let him and we make sure the windows are closed!

Here's a little picture of my little hunter :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Re: The Day My Kitty Escaped

OMGosh! That's definitely the face of a cat longing to go outside!

Great picture, very descriptive, colorful story.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hahaha, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Cool Cat

Thank goodness you got him back safely He sounds like such a funny little character. That pciture is adorable!

seashell
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Kitten

Let him outside already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page