I Has Soup - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I Has Soup

Last night, I made split pea soup and cornbread for dinner. My daughter and I ate sitting on the floor at the coffee table (so uncivilized, I know ) Anyway, I was looking at D as she told me something that happened at school. After her story, I looked down again to finish eating and Dasher had his entire face in my bowl of soup! He was going to town too - lapping as fast as his poor little tongure would go. It was hilarious. I took the bowl from him, and went to the kitchen to dump the rest of it into the trash. Dasher followed me into the kitchen, stood on his back legs and watched me dump the soup into the trash, then looked at me like "Umm, I was gonna eat that!"

He was very careful to lap around the carrots. Had no probs with the ham tho!

He then took a long drink of water, gave himself a very thorough bath, and went to sleep for the night

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Premier Cat

Re: I Has Soup

Your story made me smile and remeber a similar one of my own!

Whene we (husband and I) lived in California, we ate dinner in the living room and watched rented movies many evening. I had a bed-tray(?) that I would set over my lap and I'd sit on the floor while the husband would sit on the couch with his plate in his lap. I always had a semi-circle of cats sitting around me on the floor, but they had always been very respectful. If I saw a paw or nose reaching for my tray, I'd just say a low "uhn-uh" and they'd stop. Mousie would sit right next to me and just *smiiiiile* up at me and purr.

So. Very engrossing part of the movie and I was watching the action scene intently, when it was over I looked down to continue my meal and wondered where my porkchop was. I thought to myself: I didn't eat all of it, had I? I took a bite of a side and thought about my porkchop and realized that even if I *had* eaten all of my porkchop, the BONE would have still been on my plate! Then I realized no cats were sitting around me. I got up and checked in the kitchen, my little Mousie had *watched* me be distracted and slowly put her paw onto my plate and hooked my 'chop, running off with it and all the other kitties had followed her and her 'prize' to the kitchen!
Crazy kitties!
Now when am not at the table, I keep an arm curled around my plate so I can FEEL any cat reaching for my dinner if I am distracted by the TV!

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Dasher certainly lives up to his name - he's a quick one!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Heidi -Thanks for sharing. That is sooooo funny! I'm glad to see we're not the only ones who eat in the LR!!

Marie - Yes, Dasher still manages to be quick, even though he is a whopping 19 lbs now. The first few months we had him, he would gallop thru the house at top speed right around 11 every night. He was an early Christmas present for my daughter (no worries - we have super quiet Christmases), which is what put us on the Christmas theme.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

If I were Dasher, I would have eaten the soup too! It's a shame you caught him before he finished. I love pea soup with ham. Mmmmm....I put lentils in mine.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hmm, I've never had it with lentils. Good idea!

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Premier Cat

Wait, I though split pea soup with carrots and ham, served with cornbread, was a Southern specialty.
You mean it's not?

Those kitties have good taste, though

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe the cornbread part is Southern, John, but it's my Mom's favorite soup.

Me? not so much

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Cool Cat

Interesting. Stormy seems to love split pea soup, too. I mean, she nearly always seems to want to sample my dinner. But she tries a lot harder for split pea than most other soups.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

A Southern specialty? Hmmm, I live in the Midwest and its the norm around here - standard use for hambones. And my family has always served cornbread with beans (except dals). I can't imagine eating pea soup with anything else!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page